Eprom Upgrade

I have ten machines in my collection, and I want to know how important
it is to have a machine on the most recent eprom available. These games
are working fine. I do enjoy the feature of 9.4 on my TZ. Should I be
looking to have all my games on the most recent release?

Thank you.

Robert

John,

Thank you for your response. I will email you a list of all my games,
and the level i have them on today. I will do this over the weekend. My
Ripleys is on the same level that it came out of the Box.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Robert

It's not really a requirement. I don't update all of mine as they come
through the door, but I pretty much update them all when I get around to
restoring them.

Some games, like TZ and CV, make a HUGE difference with the latest ROM. Some
of the older stuff doesn't - the software revisions may add features or fix
bugs, but you may be adding a new coinage setting or something pretty simple
like that. Some people even prefer older versions on some games, you lose a
ball saver setting on ToM 1.3, and WMS capped a jackpot on The Flintstones
when you went to L-5. In both those cases, a lot of people prefer the older
versions. Another good example is HS2, people are pretty split over whether
they prefer L-2 or L-5.

Occasionally, you have games like GnR or NF that the latest ROMS are
important, as GnR made some code changes to the magnets and 50 volt coils in
CPU ROM 3, and NF made some changes to the magnets in 2.0 and newer. These
can save expensive parts, boards and ramps from damage.

And a lot of games play just fine without screwing with anything. Do you
really care if your Pinbot has L-4 or L-5 in it if it plays just fine?

A good way to tell what changes occur from ROM to ROM for WPC era games is
to go to the MFG's webpage, pinball.com, and go to the support section - the
differences between revisions for the later WPC games are posted there, and
you can see what each version added.

If you have specific questions on titles, feel free to drop me a line
privately and I'll be glad to help you determine what changed from rev to
rev if it's possible to determine.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

<Robert.corcoran@sungard.com> wrote in message
>I have ten machines in my collection, and I want to know how important
> it is to have a machine on the most recent eprom available. These games
> are working fine. I do enjoy the feature of 9.4 on my TZ. Should I be
> looking to have all my games on the most recent release?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Robert

> versions. Another good example is HS2, people are pretty split over
whether
> they prefer L-2 or L-5.

L-5? Boooooo!

:)