Split-screen two computers both connected to one monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I want a 30" monitor that can split screen two laptops side by side!!

Anyone knows a monitor that can do this??? I have been googling for hours but havent found much, only that it is possible..

Please heeeeeelp!!

There "may" be a solution. Planar and some other companies makes a dispaly for radiology that splits the display into basically 2 monitors. If you have have a good chunck of change to spend. I have never ran these off 2 PCs, we have one that is run off a dual output card, and both outputs go to the monitor. So in theory, 2 computers can feed the one monitor and it will split the screen.

http://medicaldisplaysforless.com/product_detail.cfm?pk_product=452

http://radiforce.com/en/products/col-rx430.html

fellblade

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I want a 30" monitor that can split screen two laptops side by side!!

Anyone knows a monitor that can do this??? I have been googling for hours but havent found much, only that it is possible..

Please heeeeeelp!!

What you are looking for is not going to be a monitor with split screen capability. If available, they will be very expensive. Sure, you will want a large TV or monitor to view multiple outputs clearly from a seated position with your co-op friends while you lan party, but the monitor will not be the device that initiates the split screen... The device that accomplishes this is called a multiplexor box. Multiplexors use multiple inputs to convert into a common output. Most multiplexors have the ability to control the position in which each input will appear on a single display but there are even models that will convert to one or more displays. These devices are very similar to that which are utilized by security systems. You take several cameras and attach them to one box, thus displaying 3 or 4 feeds on one monitor in a side-by-side, top-bottom, configuration. To my knowledge you can purchase models with VGA, DVI, Component and Composite inputs. i hope this was helpful for anyone else looking for this type of capability.

Reactions: NijNijNij

awenwonder

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Hey "moderator", I'm glad he did resurrect it. Because just this minute (3 more years later) I was looking for the solution that he provided and now I know what to look for. So his post was very helpful, unlike yours. Jerk.

Reactions: NijNijNij

Good for you.

BTW, if you were Googling for a solution this thread would still have come up regardless if someone responded back in Dec 2012 or not.

And since this thread is once again resurrected almost 3 years after it was 1st resurrected it is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.