Can't get into the zone after playing there a long time

I have played in the Bridge Club for a long time. Now
it says error on page at bottom, but I dont think that
is problem. When I click on room, it says your
computer does not have the necessary software, etc,
and direct me to the page that says please wait,
downloading zone software , if you do not see the
spade after 5 min, visit the Help page, I see the
spade immidieately. I tried deleting the zone software
and visiting the free zone rooms. there I get the
message, unable to launch room.
3 answers Last reply
More about zone playing long time
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Alan wrote:

    > I have played in the Bridge Club for a long time. Now
    > it says error on page at bottom, but I dont think that
    > is problem. When I click on room, it says your
    > computer does not have the necessary software, etc,
    > and direct me to the page that says please wait,
    > downloading zone software, if you do not see the
    > spade after 5 min, visit the Help page, I see the
    > spade immediately. I tried deleting the zone software
    > and visiting the free zone rooms. there I get the
    > message, unable to launch room.

    That error message (and other causes for entry problems) is discussed
    here:

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

    For the "Error on Page" message, also look here:

    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    I finally solved the problem by deleting the Active - X
    Heartbeat after trying numerous other solutions. Can
    someone tell me what that sort problem is so I can have a
    better understanding.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Alan wrote:

    > I finally solved the problem by deleting the Active - X
    > Heartbeat after trying numerous other solutions. Can
    > someone tell me what that sort problem is so I can have a
    > better understanding.

    I believe the files in the C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\ folder
    were damaged. Either that, or the registry entries for the files. A
    Windows Update might have caused the problem, or the addition of another
    ActiveX component.

    You can open Internet Properties, Click the General tab, Settings
    button, View Objects button, and look for damaged ActiveX components.
    If you find one, repair, or delete the component. It should be reloaded
    when needed.

    Of course, sometimes the download goes bad and the files are placed in a
    C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\Conflict.### folder. This change is
    recorded in the registry and can wreak havoc when you try to install or
    repair or update the components later. I have a few batch files on my
    home page that attempt to repair damaged Heartbeat installs. I offer
    them when anyone mentions a Heartbeat problem, but I missed the clues in
    your post:

    http://members.iglou.com/elmogeek/

    --

    +Elmo_Tech