invalid configuration...terminating the Palm Desktop

December 23, 2004 11:45:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I had to do a non-destructive recovery of my win xp home computer, now I'm
getting the above error message. PD never opens, all I see is the splash
screen and then it closes.

Palm Desktop v 4.1... (I think) for my Zire 31

....Lisa

I'm thinking of just uninstalling/reinstalling Desktop
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 1:40:56 AM

Lisa Hetherington wrote:

> I had to do a non-destructive recovery of my win xp home computer, now I'm
> getting the above error message. PD never opens, all I see is the splash
> screen and then it closes.
>
> Palm Desktop v 4.1... (I think) for my Zire 31
>
> ...Lisa
>
> I'm thinking of just uninstalling/reinstalling Desktop

I am getting the same thing with dual users and XP. My daughter (and I ) can
access either database in my XP user account, but we get the same error
(invalid configuration...terminating the Palm Desktop) in her account. I am
sure it is just some setup error, but I can't Google any reference to it.
In the "run as" window I uncheck "Protect my computer etc.." and even
reboot, but it changes nothing and when I come back it is checked again.

I think they are the same problem, but I have no fix yet.
!