• Graphics Cards
  • HP Pavilion
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2010 10:51:49 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx laptop for my son and I was hoping you guys could help me out. My son wants to play the new Starcraft 2 game, but apparently the graphics card that comes with the laptop (HD 4200) isn't ideal for the game requirements. When I contacted HP to see what my options were, they said that this particular model has the external graphics slot. With that said, they sent a link to this website, but that's it. I used the search field and I wasn't having any luck finding anything that supports that. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what external graphics card I'm suppose to buy?
Thanks,

More about : pavilion dv7 3165dx external graphics card

a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2010 11:09:23 PM

Whatever you come up with, I'll bet it'll be either not good enough for SC2 or more expensive than buying a cheap, used desktop that's capable of playing that game. My son has a laptop for most computing activities but a cheap desktop with a great GPU for playing games with me.
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
August 23, 2010 1:50:12 AM

realy this laptop runs SC2 just fine man you dont need any upgrades this laptop is da shiz i have the same one no probs running SC2 if your realy that obsessive about it get 8 gigs of ram you realy wont have a problem running SC2 however i dont suggest running Crysis as to the fact as that game is still laggy as hell
m
l
April 14, 2013 8:46:59 PM

Anonymous said:
Hello,

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx laptop for my son and I was hoping you guys could help me out. My son wants to play the new Starcraft 2 game, but apparently the graphics card that comes with the laptop (HD 4200) isn't ideal for the game requirements. When I contacted HP to see what my options were, they said that this particular model has the external graphics slot. With that said, they sent a link to this website, but that's it. I used the search field and I wasn't having any luck finding anything that supports that. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what external graphics card I'm suppose to buy?
Thanks,

I play SC2 and Dragon Age: Origins on this laptop....i just have to use a external cooling fan
m
l