Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hotsync manager won't retain default setting

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 12:51:15 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

This is really driving me up the wall.

My hotsync custom settings for Date Book, Address Book, To Do List and
Memo Pad keep reverting back to "Do Nothing". I have tried to change
them to Synchronize several times but after the following hotsync they
return to these settings even though I set the default for those items
to synchronize.

My PDA is a Tungsten T3. I am using Hotsync manager version 4.1.0.
Palm Desktop is version 4.1.4 on Windows XP Professional with Service
pack 1 installed. Interestingly when I check the version details in
Palm Desktop by clicking the "version" button in the desktop about
splash screen it shows Hotsync Manager version 4.0.4.

I have tried re-installing the palm desktop as well as delete and
re-install, even removing the user folder and atarting again, to no
avail.


How do I make sure that the default value stays as set?

Cheers
TonyS.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 2:59:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Ahh. The dawn breaks and the sun shines through.
Obvious when I think about it.

Thanks
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 5:05:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Begin Tony Strazzeri quote:

; My hotsync custom settings for Date Book, Address Book, To Do List and
; Memo Pad keep reverting back to "Do Nothing". I have tried to change
; them to Synchronize several times but after the following hotsync they
; return to these settings even though I set the default for those items
; to synchronize.

Did you also check the box "set as default" for each of these?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol

"If we die, we want people to accept it. We hope that if anything
happens to us it will not delay the program. The conquest of space is
worth the risk of life." - Astronaut Gus Grissom
Related resources
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 9:16:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

strazz@my-Deja.com (Tony Strazzeri) wrote in
news:b1382a7c.0412232151.768a58e7@posting.google.com:

> This is really driving me up the wall.
>
> My hotsync custom settings for Date Book, Address Book, To Do List and
> Memo Pad keep reverting back to "Do Nothing". I have tried to change
> them to Synchronize several times but after the following hotsync they
> return to these settings even though I set the default for those items
> to synchronize.
>
> My PDA is a Tungsten T3. I am using Hotsync manager version 4.1.0.
> Palm Desktop is version 4.1.4 on Windows XP Professional with Service
> pack 1 installed. Interestingly when I check the version details in
> Palm Desktop by clicking the "version" button in the desktop about
> splash screen it shows Hotsync Manager version 4.0.4.
>
> I have tried re-installing the palm desktop as well as delete and
> re-install, even removing the user folder and atarting again, to no
> avail.
>
>
> How do I make sure that the default value stays as set?

Don't use those with the T3. Use Calendar, Contacts, Memos, and Tasks on
the T3, those are the older apps for previous models, included for legacy
reasons, because the desktop is a general application for all models.

--
Regards,

Stan
December 26, 2004 5:53:25 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Stan Gosnell" <me@work.com> wrote in message news:Xns95C92B8218ABmework@204.52.135.8...
> strazz@my-Deja.com (Tony Strazzeri) wrote in
> news:b1382a7c.0412232151.768a58e7@posting.google.com:
>

> > My hotsync custom settings for Date Book, Address Book, To Do List and
> > Memo Pad keep reverting back to "Do Nothing". I have tried to change
<snip>
> > How do I make sure that the default value stays as set?
>
> Don't use those with the T3. Use Calendar, Contacts, Memos, and Tasks on
> the T3, those are the older apps for previous models, included for legacy
> reasons, because the desktop is a general application for all models.

Well, thanks Stan! I've been puzzled about this since I bought my Tungsten E, but not worried, since everything
syncs fine. Even setting each as "default" didn't help, and now the reason is obvious. Of course, it's the <useful?>
name changes Palm has made; Date Book is now Calendar, Address Book is now Contacts, etc.

- Dugie
!