I need new earphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
This weak my left earphone died, and I need a new one...

I currently own the (broken) Beats by Dre tour (the original ones)
Every expert seems to be saying they suck. I guess that can be true.. I did enjoy the sound quality, because it has a lot of bass. But they are very fragile in my opinion.

Now I need new ones, and I'm willing to pay some more for better quality, but i'm not going above €200... Try to keep it below it as much as possible

What should I be looking for? What brands etc?

I listen to Hardstyle and Hardcore, so I really want the bass to pump my brains out.

(I live in the Netherlands, so remember I have to pay with Euro's)

Thanks in advance

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hey kemperkipie. i'd have to agree that in the world of high fidelity audio, there are better options than beats by dre. i'd wouldn't go so far as to say they suck, because they do produce decent sound, but there are just many more models that offer more, are built better, and will be more bang for your buck.

if you're a bass lover, I'd recommend looking for closed acoustic headphones, since they'll keep a bit more sound in and bass will be more distinguishable.

if your cap is €200, i'd look at either sennheiser, akg, or maybe vmoda

the akg k702s are great, so are the v-moda m100s. if you're looking to go wireless the rs180s from sennheiser are one of the better audiophile grade options out there.

happy hunting man

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I'm really looking for earphones, not headphones.. I don't like walking around in public with a huge headset on my head.. I know there are a lot of people who do that these days, but I don't want to be one of them.

So basicly, in-ear only

HEADPHONES
We are often asked, “Which are the best headphones?”
WELL, the best headphones sound better than ANY speakers. AND these will run on less power than speakers do, too. You can plug them directly into the computer…and get great sound quality.

IMHO The best headphones are made by STAX.
http://www.stax.co.jp/index-E.html
Once you see and hear STAX, you will realize that ALL other headphones are LESS than Stax. Now see what you can get, based on your own budget.
Maybe you don’t have $3000.00 to spend on headphones? Well, there are other alternatives that sound pretty darn good. But, anything less than STAX is a compromise.

IMHO Sennheiser: probably the second best choice, if you don’t have $3000.00!
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/around-the-ear-headphones

The BEST headphones cover the entire ear, like a CUP.
ANY headphone that presses against the ear will cause discomfort and PAIN. You have been warned.

VISIT your local hi fi shop and TRY for yourself, several different headphones.
Reviews mean nothing, compared to your OWN TASTE.
DO NOT allow a salesperson to influence your choices. DO NOT allow reviews on the internet, to influence your taste in sound quality.
DECIDE what is best YOURSELF. TRY first, then BUY.

In ear phones will never give high quality sound.

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Well as I said, I'm not looking for headphones, but I'm looking for earphones. Since in-ear earphones sound much better than those other earphones, I was looking for in-ear earphones.

And like you said "In ear phones will never give high quality sound.".... I don't believe that..

I just want best possible quality I can get for in-ear earphones for < 200 euro's...

Status
Not open for further replies.