TECH: Credits added with Left Flipper Activating on Bally ..

Hi group,

Having an odd issue with my Eight Ball that seems to happen with older
Bally's.

When the left (and sometimes right) flippers are activated rapidly, I
am getting credits added.

There is a credit button tapped into the coin mech switch (not
shorting)

There are new capacitors on both flippers and credit button, but no
diodes.

Haven't really gotten deep into troubleshooting it, so right now there
aren't any shorted wires and the issue continues when the coin door is
unplugged.

Will check the PIA's, so for now anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

sounds like a vibration issue. If the free play button is grounded to
the coin door strange things might happen too. Disconnect one wire
from it and see if the problem goes away.

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

<<There are new capacitors on both flippers and credit button, but no
diodes. >>

There's no diode on the credit button switch?

So far, looks like everthing is working.

Looks like adding the capacitor (may have been bad) to the credit
button made everything worse. I started having a stuck switch at 02
and it would not go away even when unsoldering both leads from the
target. When grouding one side of the switch, it would clear, and when
checking other switches on that string, I'd get 5 lights go on! Weird!

Also found a broken diode lug on the left side probably causing
intermittant closes and weirding out the machine.