client filtering Issue

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I had cient filtering set up on my 510 wireless router
and then I wanted to remove it. I had it set to block
port 80-81 from 1am to 6am once a week (parental control
sorta) Well when I removed it and refreshed the settings,
I can still not get on the internet. I can ping it, I can
still get my email and things like that. But now I have
no internet explorer functions. I reset it to factory
defaults.... I restored settings that worked when I first
set up the router (without the client filtering) I have
unplugged the router and my cable modem for the
recommended 15 seconds & nothing. I know it is this
because I have 4 other computers on the same network and
they all have internet funtionality. I am kinda stumped
and was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I
appreciate your help

Thanks,
Steve

Change the IP of the computer and the filtering won't apply
anymore. If that doesn't work it's probably not the router.
Can you get to sites with https (port 443)? If not, then
its definitely not the router (unless you also created a
filter for that).