Solved

How good is this labtop?

I have heard good things and bad things about gateway, what is your view? There's no other retailer that comes close to this price with the hardware included. I need a new labtop for college that is around $800 and will last me a good 4 years.

Gateway NV79C47u NoteBook
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good labtop
  1. brian101 said:
    I have heard good things and bad things about gateway, what is your view? There's no other retailer that comes close to this price with the hardware included. I need a new labtop for college that is around $800 and will last me a good 4 years.

    Gateway NV79C47u NoteBook


    Hi Brian,

    What will you be using your laptop for? This one has great specs but may be a bit heavy if you think you will be carrying your laptop back and forth to class. Whether this Gateway is the right fit depends on what you will be using it for. With some more details, I can make a more informed recommendation.

    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  2. IsabellaWinTeam said:
    Hi Brian,

    What will you be using your laptop for? This one has great specs but may be a bit heavy if you think you will be carrying your laptop back and forth to class. Whether this Gateway is the right fit depends on what you will be using it for. With some more details, I can make a more informed recommendation.

    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team


    Budget: No more than $850

    Use: surfing the web, music, word, and some games

    Screen Size: 14-15 inches (negotiable)

    Video Card: Play starcraft 2 pretty well

    Battery Life: 4 hours (more the better)

    Longevity: 4 years

    CPU: Core i3 or i5
  3. Best answer
    brian101 said:
    Budget: No more than $850

    Use: surfing the web, music, word, and some games

    Screen Size: 14-15 inches (negotiable)

    Video Card: Play starcraft 2 pretty well

    Battery Life: 4 hours (more the better)

    Longevity: 4 years

    CPU: Core i3 or i5


    Hi Brian,

    For your price range the Gateway looks like a solid choice. The larger screen size will be nice for gaming, but keep in mind that it is not as portable as smaller laptops (although most gaming laptops tend to be bigger and heavier anyway).

    Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  4. Best answer selected by brian101.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gateway Laptops Product