Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to recover unallocated space in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
December 11, 2012 11:52:15 AM

Hello,
I startd installing ubuntu in my lappy......due to some reasons i just stopd installation and removed ubuntu disk from it.......at that time i lost nearly 150gb i mean 150gb of space remains unallocated........i tried to merge it,to create a new volume,to delete it....but of no use......please help to recover that memory

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 11, 2012 3:07:22 PM

It is likely to allocate the space the partiton needs to be formatted first.
Once you have done this you need to shrink the size of the partition to have it add to the main partition drive size.
If you are running windows 7 then click on the pearl and in the search box type : disk man
You can delete, resize a partition and format one from there in side windows.
December 11, 2012 3:18:44 PM

dhanunjayjulakanti said:
Hello,
I startd installing ubuntu in my lappy......due to some reasons i just stopd installation and removed ubuntu disk from it

I love the "due to some reasons" part.

"Uhh, yeah, I made a mistake and can't fix it, but I had a good reason! No I can't tell you what it was..."

Quote:
.......at that time i lost nearly 150gb i mean 150gb of space remains unallocated........i tried to merge it,to create a new volume,to delete it....but of no use......please help to recover that memory

If you don't have anything on the disk work keeping (sounds like you don't, or at least not anymore if you aborted an OS install in the midst of partitioning), then just delete all partitions and create a new one.
m
l
!