Best Gamepad/Controller for windows

underdose

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
What's the best gamepad for windows? I've looked at Razer Onza but then I've also read that it is not durable so that's a deal breaker for me.

Vodage

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I agree with ssddx. The best gamepad will be whatever you've grown most accustomed to over the years of gaming.

If you think analog is for n00bs and "+" style d-pads are cooler than hat switches, no one is stopping you from using a SNES to USB controller adapter.

But you've also got to consider what it is you'll be playing most. Back when I used to play Goldeneye 007 on N64, I loved using a controller in each hand for the dual-analog function. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad dual-analog has since then become standard.

At the same time, If I'm going to sit and play Chrono Trigger for 16 hours straight, I'm going to want to make sure that either
a) My d-pad is in a comfortable position as well, not simply thrown somewhere between the much-more-current analog sticks
b) My sticks have some sort of digital functionality, so I can at least comfortably achieve d-pad emulation with the right configuration settings.

But I wouldn't try to look at it in terms of which is the best. As far as I know, there isn't one "uber" peripheral company beating the stuffings out of everyone else with their superior gamepads. High DPI has nothing to do with a Razer gamepad, so I'd try to take that company name with a grain of salt in this case.

You might want to look for a way to use an actual console controller on PC, instead of looking for a PC peripheral that tries to act like a console controller. Try to think back to all the consoles you've owned... which controllers lasted the longest?

rico21

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
the best controller for a pc right now is the wired xbox 360 controller it installs automatically to any pc and if you wan to configure certain games that are not xbox games on your pc you can download a software called xpadder and download the xbox 360 image and then load it in very simple to do. You can buy the wired controller from amazon I will post the link to amazon so you can purchase it.

Wired USB Controller for PC & Xbox 360 (Black)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007LQG9A6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007LQG9A6&linkCode=as2&tag=thpcgaha00-20