TAF knocker question

Is the knocker supposed to knock when a free game or match is awarded on
TAF? I get sound effects and the displays indicate replay awarded, but
there's no knock. The "Thing Knocker" seems to work fine throughout game
play; but not where I expect to hear a knock for replays as on other games.
Game is set on Free Play, with the Match feature and score to beat features
set to award credits.

Thanks,

- Steve B.

You should get a knock. Does you game have a knocker ? Re-imports usually
don't. LTG :)

"Steve B." <flippers*no*spam*@sashimi.org> wrote in message
> Is the knocker supposed to knock when a free game or match is awarded on
> TAF? I get sound effects and the displays indicate replay awarded, but
> there's no knock. The "Thing Knocker" seems to work fine throughout game
> play; but not where I expect to hear a knock for replays as on other
games.
> Game is set on Free Play, with the Match feature and score to beat
features
> set to award credits.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Steve B.

I don't know what the "Thing Knocker" is but (I think) the only time
the knocker is used during gameplay is during the Seance mode. Have you
checked the knocker with the solenoid test?

Mamushka

Yes. works in Seance, but I don't hear it for replay awards...

"Mamushka" <jvcarlson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I don't know what the "Thing Knocker" is but (I think) the only time
> the knocker is used during gameplay is during the Seance mode. Have you
> checked the knocker with the solenoid test?
>
> Mamushka

Supposedly this one isn't a re-import. Nevertheless, the game has a
knocker, it's in the cabinet and not the head (it's in the correct location
as the manual indicates), and
it knocks during "seance" as it should and in test mode.

- Steve B.

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> You should get a knock. Does you game have a knocker ? Re-imports usually
> don't. LTG :)
>
> "Steve B." <flippers*no*spam*@sashimi.org> wrote in message
>> Is the knocker supposed to knock when a free game or match is awarded on
>> TAF? I get sound effects and the displays indicate replay awarded, but
>> there's no knock. The "Thing Knocker" seems to work fine throughout game
>> play; but not where I expect to hear a knock for replays as on other
> games.
>> Game is set on Free Play, with the Match feature and score to beat
> features
>> set to award credits.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Steve B.

OK, I was wrong about it working during seance and in test. I must have
been hearing things because it didn't work at all. So I checked the coil
and the wiring and what-do-you-know, the violet-red wire isn't where it's
supposed to be. Instead of connecting to J-130-2 it's plugged into J-131 in
a 5 pin connector all by itself. This is how I got it. Now why someone
would set this up this way I have no idea, but I removed the connector from
J-131 and moved the violet-red wire to where it's supposed to be and It's
Working Now!!

- Steve B.