WTB: New Playfield Glass in Kansas City Area

MikeO

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2004

Does anyone have a good connection for new, tempered, no logo,
playfield glasses in the Kansas City area? I'm up for at least 10.
Maybe others in the area could combine with me and help get the price
down. I'dl like to find a price down to less than $30 a sheet.

Thanks for any input.

Mike O.

Adi

Yes, quite easy, I have a great connection. Yellow Pages in hand, or
find the list of glass shops off the internet in your city, get
dimensions and quantity and start calling them.

Some of them will quote you 70$, whihc is ridiculous, some, 40$, there
is a very decent chance you will get a shop to quote you under 30$,
especially when ordering in a larget quantity.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

Where were you a year ago! :)

I tried to get a bulk buy going on playfield glass with several KC area
collectors and nobody wanted in. At the time one of my son's wrestling
coaches owned a glass shop and quoted tempered, no logo glass for
around $20 a sheet. I picked up four sheets, now I don't have that
connection (switched to football) and wish I'd bought more.

Mike Doyle

You can always go to your local STERN distributor. STERN sells PF
glass that is tempered with no logo. Although, most pinball
distributors have a local source. If not, they can order direct from
STERN. I was paying under $20 a sheet in single quantity from a
distributor in the Chicago area.
The other option is to find the place that actually tempers the glass.
If you go in the yellow pages to find a regular glass shop, you might
get 2 other middlemen involved. Look for tempered glass shops in
industrial areas. People think that those type of places will only
take orders from businesses with large quantity orders. Hey - times
are rough - most places will be glad to run 10 sheets and take your
money. Good luck.

I might have a connection for us that can get tempered glass reasonably
he says.
E-mail me a Arrowlockservice(at)juno(dot)com

Don Brownback

"mikeo" <mikeo@dmwcc.com> wrote in news:1125693410.676150.162600
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Does anyone have a good connection for new, tempered, no logo,
> playfield glasses in the Kansas City area? I'm up for at least 10.
> Maybe others in the area could combine with me and help get the price
> down. I'dl like to find a price down to less than $30 a sheet.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Mike O.

You should be able to find a good deal locally. In Omaha, glass has to be
sent to K.C. to be tempered.

--
inc