Update dowload issue

I continue to get a "critical update available" for my
500. Everytime I try and download this little 13 MB piece
of junk, I receive an error message that tells me the
contents of the file cannot be unpacked- The executable
you are trying to run has been corrupted. It does this on
all PCs in my home? Any clues? thanks!

Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about update dowload issue

    It sounds like a corrupted download most likely caused by the temporary
    internet files folder not being cleaned out like you should be doing.

    Clear out the temporary internet file folder.

    Then run "%TEMP%" (the "%" signs must be included while the quote marks
    are optional) & delete everything in that folder.

    DO that on al computers that are having this problem.

    Also the BNU is not needed on wired computers as well as Windows XP &
    windows 2003.

    Jim wrote:
    > I continue to get a "critical update available" for my
    > 500. Everytime I try and download this little 13 MB piece
    > of junk, I receive an error message that tells me the
    > contents of the file cannot be unpacked- The executable
    > you are trying to run has been corrupted. It does this on
    > all PCs in my home? Any clues? thanks!
    >
    > Jim

Routers Networking