32 bit programs lag on 64 bit ?

Sharpness10

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hello, I have a major problem with My Laptop.
Specs:
In short (Dell XPS 15z)
8 GB RAM
I7 processor 2,6 GHZ with overcloak to 3.3
Nvidia Ge force 525M videocard (2GB)
Cache 4 mb
Windows 7 64 bit

So... to the problem. I have had this isue with my laptop since the very start I got it. When I try to run a 32 bit game in my laptop, it is lagging like hell, but when it gets to 64 bit then it is okay. Releast a program which has 64 bit programmimg, because I haven't tried any 64 bit games. the program I tried is Sony Vegas 11 I have tried several games. All of them lag. For example, when I turn on Minecraft I would give it max 1 FPS per second.
The akward part is when I tried any program on windows 7 home premium it had less lag, but when I upgraded it to windows 7 ultimate, it got even worse. I am out of ideas. Please help me. Sorry for the english. Regards, Ģirts

larkspur

Distinguished
Have you installed the most recent graphics card drivers for your Nvidia 525M? There shouldn't be any performance difference between 64-bit apps and 32-bit apps. Each is designed to work with your system. Games don't need the expanded memory access that 64-bit provides. It sounds to me like applications that want to use your nvidia 525m (like games) are the ones that are lagging. Make sure your newest drivers are installed and check the temperature of your system using CPUID HWMonitor. GPU-z also provides temperature and other information on the graphics card. But try updating those drivers first - go to nvidia.com to get them.

Sharpness10

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012

Hello. Thanks for your response.

I have already updated every driver I can update plus set up some driver checkers to be absoloutely sure that I have updated everything. It is still lagging. For example cabal. And my internet connection is just fine It's not the problem.
About those temperatures. Yes I had a problem before but I bought a cooler and let a profesional put new thrmal paste on processors. It dropped the temp a bit and most importantly. It was able to keep it stable.

Sharpness10

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012

Thank you for your reply !

I have reseted my BIOS to default like 3 times. Didn't help.