Im Excited (shop construction)

Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
now have a foundation for the new shop :)

Behold!
http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg

Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced accordingly...

Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)

for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
would have got too close to the house :(

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Nice! Better keep some water on it overnight. That reminds me, I have
some Charland house updates to upload :)

Ken In Texas wrote:
> Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> now have a foundation for the new shop :)
>
> Behold!
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
>
> Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced accordingly...
>
> Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
>
> for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> would have got too close to the house :(

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

That's a mighty fine rectangle you have there, Ken!

-cody
CARGPB#4

>http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/g>ameroom/slab.jpg

Yeah, I went out to look at it after it got dark and I could have swore
i heard "THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA" playing in the background some where ;)

cchunn3@comcast.net wrote:
> That's a mighty fine rectangle you have there, Ken!
>
> -cody
> CARGPB#4
>

>>http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/g>ameroom/slab.jpg

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com
Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

I don't see any plumbing roughed into that slab...

joseph-

"Ken In Texas" <ken@pinballrebel.com> wrote in message
> Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> now have a foundation for the new shop :)
>
> Behold!
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
>
> Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced accordingly...
>
> Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
>
> for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> would have got too close to the house :(
>
> --
> Ken In Texas
> http://www.pinballrebel.com
> Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's
>
> "Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
> If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
> If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

C00L! I recently "lost" my shop space
completely to storage....

Building a new 10 x 12 temporary replacement
on a skid as we speak.

Yes, I know how you feel! :)

--
Fred
TX

"Ken In Texas" <ken@pinballrebel.com> wrote

> Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> now have a foundation for the new shop :)
>
> Behold!
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg

Nice slab.

Man that is a nice layout for a home. That looks like Texas. Where I
live (Frisco), the only thing I see that looks like Texas is when I
drive by Brinkman Ranch every day.

Actually my neighbors house is as close to my house as your shop is to
your house... Weird.

Anyway, good luck on the shop.

See ya,
Doug

Ken In Texas wrote:
> Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> now have a foundation for the new shop :)
>
> Behold!
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
>
> Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced accordingly...
>
> Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
>
> for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> would have got too close to the house :(
>
> --
> Ken In Texas
> http://www.pinballrebel.com
> Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's
>
> "Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
> If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
> If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Ken,
Looks good. I know hind-site is 20/20, but I would have gone the extra
"yard" and put at least 2 drains into the floor before the mud went down.

"Ken In Texas" <ken@pinballrebel.com> wrote in message
> Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> now have a foundation for the new shop :)
>
> Behold!
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
>
> Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced accordingly...
>
> Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
>
> for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> would have got too close to the house :(
>
> --
> Ken In Texas
> http://www.pinballrebel.com
> Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's
>
> "Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
> If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
> If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:29:24 -0400, "Jim Knight"
<rottendog@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

>Ken,
> Looks good. I know hind-site is 20/20, but I would have gone the extra
>"yard" and put at least 2 drains into the floor before the mud went down.

Depends on where you live and if you're getting permits. Around here
floor drains in garages and shops are strictly verboten with the
intent to protect water supplies. Of course there are ways around it
but they're subverting the intent of the code. They do allow floor
drains if you also install a sump and filtration equipment like a
commercial garage might have. I think the code is stupid in this way
but it is what it is.

You could have a real nice woodworking shop with all that space. What will
keep you from deciding to fill it up with pins (which is what I'd do)?

John

"Ken In Texas" <ken@pinballrebel.com> wrote in message
> Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> now have a foundation for the new shop :)
>
> Behold!
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
>
> Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced accordingly...
>
> Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
>
> for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> would have got too close to the house :(
>
> --
> Ken In Texas
> http://www.pinballrebel.com
> Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's
>
> "Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
> If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
> If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Real nice Ken,

I'm a little ahead of you as I have spent the day framing the interior
of mine for sheet rock. You're gonna be in heaven when she's done!
Good luck!

Mario
Pinthetic

BillB

wow, i'm guessing you spelled it right.

--
billb
> Yeah, I went out to look at it after it got dark and I could have swore
> i heard "THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA" playing in the background some where ;)
>
> cchunn3@comcast.net wrote:
> > That's a mighty fine rectangle you have there, Ken!
> >
> > -cody
> > CARGPB#4
> >

> >>http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/g>ameroom/slab.jpg
> >

> --
> Ken In Texas
> http://www.pinballrebel.com
> Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's
>
> "Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
> If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
> If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

BillB

> I don't see any plumbing roughed into that slab...

nor bolts for framing nor rebar for ICF.

--
billb
"Joe Pinball" <joepinball@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> joseph-
>
> "Ken In Texas" <ken@pinballrebel.com> wrote in message
> > Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> > now have a foundation for the new shop :)
> >
> > Behold!
> > http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
> >
> > Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced
accordingly...

> > Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> > struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
> >
> > for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> > would have got too close to the house :(
> >
> > --
> > Ken In Texas
> > http://www.pinballrebel.com
> > Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's
> >
> > "Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
> > If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
> > If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

BillB

KEEP IT WET FOR AT LEAST A WEEK

if you don't it will crack.

--
billb
"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Nice! Better keep some water on it overnight. That reminds me, I have
> some Charland house updates to upload :)
>
> Ken In Texas wrote:
> > Okay after spending months tearing out the old garage and all the junk I
> > now have a foundation for the new shop :)
> >
> > Behold!
> > http://www.pinballrebel.com/misc/gameroom/slab.jpg
> >
> > Even in Texas that is a lot of concrete...and it was priced
accordingly...

> > Funny thing is they showed up this morning to get the area ready after I
> > struck a deal yesterday :) By tonight...here it sits :)
> >
> > for those of you wondering it is 60X20....I was goind to go wider but it
> > would have got too close to the house :(
> >

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Ken is a teacher by profession - he did spell it right...;>).

Chris