Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Is it a good gaming keyboard? or is it just an average keyboard disguised with bells and whistles?

I know about the fancy stuff like the LCD screen and the macro keys that all reviews seem to focus on which look great, but what about the more important fundamental basics?

Is the build quality good? and are the keys and the layout good for gaming?

Would love to hear the opinions of those who own the G19

psyxix

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Ha ha ! Gamers make me laugh with those kind of keyboards, all bells and whistles but no feeling. Membrane keyboards SUCK.... if you wanna buy something with a great feeling and don't care about macros then a mechanical keyboard is your best friend :) I'm currently using the Das metadot pro silent and it's a breeze typing anything I wanna say ... things like Foogleboult or houlowsnag. Ha Ha ! this is sooo fun. Check it out, your fingers will thank you :p

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Ha ha. Sounds like you really love that keyboard.

The Das silent looks good actually especially as its ment to be as quiet as a regular keyboard. I would like a mechanical keyboard but the noise puts me off a little (To be honest I need to try one out I've only watched vids on youtube) so the noise might not be that bad.

I don't type a lot it is just for gaming so how are the cherry mx browns for gaming. And as I've never typed/gamed on a mechanical board before would I evan tell a difference between the diferent switches?