Sign in with
Your question

Issues with keyboard detection/power?

December 11, 2012 5:56:35 PM

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but my CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid mechanical keyboard has been having some issues lately. At first I just thought it was a problem with the drivers/USB ports, but as I read more and more I started to think it might be a problem with the power.

When I plug the keyboard in, the lights flicker dimly for a split second, and then it doesn't work. It doesn't show up as recognized in the devices screen.. However, sometimes if I just leave it plugged in for a while, it will start working, and keep working whether I shut down or restart or whatever. Very strange :??: .

There are no available drivers to download from their website. I am running a Lenovo y570 laptop with a Windows Intellimouse overclocked to 500 Mhz and a Blue Yeti microphone. I didn't have an issue until I got the microphone, and one night when I was just watching Netflix, there was like a glitch/pause from Windows, and I've been having trouble with it since then. My mouse also had to be re-overclocked and the drivers re-installed after that incident.

If anyone could help solve this headache for me I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
!