BSOD need help

proedge

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
Hi, I've been getting BSOD passed month . It happens within first few minutes of starting up computer normally but when i can get it going it will be fine until next time i restart my computer. The times i am about to get the BSOD when booting up the computer seems to be running sluggish. I have a picture of the screen. Ive tried fresh install of windows, formatted hardrive, reinstalled drivers for graphics card and MB multiple times. I can boot in safe mode fine though and i wont get the BSOD. If im in the wrong forum to post this i can move it too there also. Wasn't sure which forum to post this in. Any help would be appreciated.

windows 7 64 bit
I5-3570k cpu at 3.4g
8 gigs ddr3
p8z 68-v LX mobo
HiS radeon 7850 HD

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/photo1gmf.jpg/

MC_K7

Distinguished
Sounds like a drivers problem (most BSOD are drivers related). Unfortunately the picture you shared isn't loading for me. Sometimes in the first line of the blue screen it will give you information about what drivers caused the crash (if you can get a filename for example you can find to what drivers it's related). I have a feeling it could be a chipset or disk controller drivers. I had some issues with my previous motherboard when I was installing the latest chipset drivers they were highly unstable so I had to revert back to older drivers and never had a blue screen again after that. I don't know if you use Intel Rapid Storage as your disk controller drivers, but I also happened to have a problem with this on another computer recently, in this case it was the opposite I was using a dated driver and upgrading to the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage solved the issue.

Best of luck.

make sure your mb has the newest bios.there been a lot of cpu and ram updates for the x68 and z77 line of asus mb. in your mb bios make sure xmd ram speed is turned on. make sure the ram is seated and in the right slots. i would run memtest to see if there a bad dimm.

proedge

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Is the ram that I am using. I tried swapping them out and using one stick and tried both sticks seperatly. I would still get the BSOD