psyxix

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
So I bought this mouse, thinking it would be my dream mouse... and I was disapointed. I must be an alien since every review I read seem to say it's a fantastic mouse with great ergonomics. I'm currently coming from a logitech mx400 and I wanted something more exotic as my new mouse. The mionix naos 5000 seemed like the best bet.

The feeling of the mouse is great since I'm a palm gripper (the plastic on it feels like a smooth velvet.... hmmmm... smoootttthhh :love: ). The only problem is that I'm used to a mouse with a bulbous/round butt. The naos 5000 has a flat butt and it's driving me crazy. It may be because I'm used to logitech and this is a new model but IDK.

So I'm wondering if anyone here every had a naos 5000 and this is what happened to them. Also, what to do, is there a chance i'll get used to it and enjoy the mouse for what it is ? Have you ever disliked a mouse...got used to it and feel in love with it?

psyxix

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Finally it was a question of adaptation. The mx400 had a larger butt which I was used to and the mionix had a flatter one. It took a week and I had change my propus 380 mousepad to get the proper feeling I wanted. Turns out the majority of the discomfort came from the mousepad which had a sticky texture. I opted for an Artisant Hien g3 soft instead and I'm currently waiting for it.