Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Black Underscore Screen No matter HOW I TRY TO BOOT :/ Please help! :(

Last response: in Windows 7
December 11, 2012 6:52:40 PM

Hello guys and thank you for looking at my thread,

I'll start from the top. I have a custom built i7 2600k rig. my mobo is an ASUS p8z68 deluxe gen 3 board. 1155 chip (here's a link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 813131791)

I recently did some upgrades to my rig like adding more and bigger HD's and finally an SSD.

WHen i did so i had reformated and made the SSD where i ran windows off.. Stupidly when i installed it i had never put the key in, so windows automatically gives you 30 days as a trial or w/e..

On the 30th day i realized it was 30 days because it showed me on my background saying this copy of windows is not genuine and bla bla bla...

So i decided to reformat, I reformatted.. i shut down the computer and went upon my day..

Now a few days later I'm trying to boot the thing up, it shows the bios screens and whatever, shows the raid profiles, shows some american megatrend thing, and then just goes to the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH (This is the screen that is just black with a blinking underscore, and doesn't let me do anything)

I've tried booting from all the boot options, including while having a OEM DVD of Windows 7 in my CD tray and it still gets that black screen.

I've thought the SSD could be dead, but I highly doubt thats a possibility. I've checked the plugs everything is plugged in, I mean i really don't know what it could be.

Im desperate for help guys, I have missed several team practices for League, haven't been able to do any work or gaming, and I have term papers and projects due up the ass the next week or two since the end of the semester is approaching.

If your reading this and might know someone or knows the solution please do me a favor and help me out!!!!!

Thank you for your time, and Happy Holidays

-Ross
a b $ Windows 7
December 11, 2012 7:45:07 PM

Try different settings for SATA ports, toggle IDE with AHCI and remove RAID just to get your OS installed.
Score
December 11, 2012 8:16:06 PM

dodger46 said:
Try different settings for SATA ports, toggle IDE with AHCI and remove RAID just to get your OS installed.

try different sata ports meaning switch the wires of where things are plugged in????
Score
Related resources
December 11, 2012 8:29:43 PM

Make sure the bios sees all the drives. Make sure CD is set to bootable in the bios. Disconnect all other drives except the one you are trying to put OS on. Have IDE settings in bios set to AHCI. Install OS
Score
December 11, 2012 8:33:19 PM

dominionz said:
Make sure the bios sees all the drives. Make sure CD is set to bootable in the bios. Disconnect all other drives except the one you are trying to put OS on. Have IDE settings in bios set to AHCI. Install OS

I'm going to go into my bios right now. ill let you know what happens
Score
a b $ Windows 7
December 11, 2012 8:52:03 PM

DUPLICATE POSTS ARE AGAINST TOMS RULES...
Score
December 12, 2012 12:46:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
Score
!