Sign in with
Your question

What does the led lights mean on gigabyte mb

Last response: in Windows 7
December 11, 2012 8:42:36 PM

my computer turns on then off over and over what does that mean gigabyte gah55mud2h I5 2.66 gig what can i check i know how to build my own comp. please help i installed a new chip because i was told by geek squad but it is stil tuening on for a second then off then on over and over what should i do?

More about : led lights gigabyte

December 11, 2012 8:54:50 PM

Checking the PDF file for the manual the only LED lights I see are in the top right corner and they are CPU load lights. Which show the amount of CPU usage that is going on. What is your systems current setup.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU: i5 but which
PSU:?
HDD:?
Memory:?
m
l
December 11, 2012 9:36:15 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Checking the PDF file for the manual the only LED lights I see are in the top right corner and they are CPU load lights. Which show the amount of CPU usage that is going on. What is your systems current setup.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU: i5 -750 2.66 ghz/8m/09b
PSU:?
HDD:?western digital wd10ealx /sats/ 32mbcache
Memory:?

2 sticks of 2 gig

i forgot to say the original reason it stopped working was the cpu fan cord got caught on fan blade and the computer shut off. and it started doing what i said turns on and off over and over all the led lights are comming on the motherboard that is why i replaced the cpu but it is still doing this
m
l
Related resources
December 11, 2012 9:39:40 PM

i also replaced the heat sink with intel orig.
m
l
December 11, 2012 9:52:52 PM

Hmm yea I think your motherboard was protecting itself because it wasn't being kept at a safe temperature.
Honestly I'm not exactly sure what to advise you to do when you turn it on do you get fan activity from the stock fan?
m
l
December 11, 2012 9:57:25 PM

yes it turns on with the other fans and lights all led lights come on
m
l
December 11, 2012 9:59:17 PM

hmm at the top right corner right? See when I read the manual it said the lights would turn on based on how much load was on the CPU. However if all the lights are turned on I wonder if it could be CPU related. Are you able to get into the bios if so take a look at the voltages and the cpu temp.
m
l
December 11, 2012 10:37:09 PM

no i cant get into bios it doesnt run long enough
m
l
December 11, 2012 10:38:37 PM

Yea I don't like the sound of that I kind of wonder what other people think it could be. =\
m
l
December 11, 2012 10:39:09 PM

may have to send mb in to see if it is bad feel like getting drunk
m
l
December 11, 2012 11:36:16 PM

not a problem if you end up getting a motherboard back would be nice to know what happens in case there is anything we can help you with. I feel like this issue is like shooting in the dark kind of bothers me a little wish I knew more.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2012 1:55:12 AM

Sounds like it could be a short -- when you installed the MOBO did you use the proper standoffs in the proper place so that the underside of the MOBO does not touch the case tray ? Also take a look under the MOBO and make sure there is not a loose screw or something caught between the MOBO and the case that is causing a short.
m
l
!