When i shutdown or log off computer it says to force close

mafia55

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
why does my laptop ask me to force close programs when loging off or shuting down, This usually happens when it has being on for long time (12 hours+) it will run really slow so i close any programs and log off and then i get the force close message. is this bad for my loptop and how can i help prevent this i want to look after it properly, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Solution
with windows and some apps like the older firefox there are a bug called a memory leak. it where you open and close apps and not the full amount of ram goes back to the os. i would start by doing some real simple stuff. look into tossing in some more ram in your laptop. more ram helps the os run apps. more ram the more apps you can run before the os runs out of free ram and has to use the hard drive for a swap file. places like crucial memory have a memory scanner that read your laptop info and tell you the amount of ram installed,the max ram you can run and how it has to be installed. after that i would download ccleaner and run and clean up space on your hard drive. then run defragler to defrag the hard drive. i would run malwarebytes...

CDdude55

Distinguished
Happens all the time when a program is open and you shutdown the system. Steam for instance does the same thing, i'll having it running and when i shut down my machine it'll always ask if i want to force close it. It doesn't harm your system, it just shuts it down before it shuts itself off.

If you want it to stop doing that you should be able to just close the program before turning the system off or logging off. It should tell you what program wants to force close, and then once you find that out, just remember to close it after use.

with windows and some apps like the older firefox there are a bug called a memory leak. it where you open and close apps and not the full amount of ram goes back to the os. i would start by doing some real simple stuff. look into tossing in some more ram in your laptop. more ram helps the os run apps. more ram the more apps you can run before the os runs out of free ram and has to use the hard drive for a swap file. places like crucial memory have a memory scanner that read your laptop info and tell you the amount of ram installed,the max ram you can run and how it has to be installed. after that i would download ccleaner and run and clean up space on your hard drive. then run defragler to defrag the hard drive. i would run malwarebytes to scan for malware and i would install a newer anti virus program. (newer free ones have better engines that use less ram). i would also look for and upgrade your mb chipset drivers..sound..network..video drivers. i would then update flash..java...adobe reader...firefox or google or ms browser. I would also use msconfig and look what running in startup. a lot of things load but are not needed..turn off things like flash updater..adobe reader..msoffice quick start. the more things are loaded in startup the less free ram you have.

Solution

mafia55

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
thank you guys this is the first time i have used a place like this i will take your advise hope its stops happening. I do have ccleaner how often should i use it