Your question

My computer curse

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
Last response: in CPUs
November 3, 2004 11:21:07 AM

I think im cursed...my comp just wont start up so i check out all my component every single one of them i got a new mobo and cpu thinking they were busted but no diference when i start up my comp everything seems to work fin but my computer screen stays standby so then i tested my video card in my bros computer and it worked so i tookhis video card and tested it in my comp and the screen would still stay black so i tried my bros screen on my comp didnt work so then i tested my ram in his comp that worked i tested my hdd's in his comp and they worked i even tested his power suplie in my comp and i had the same problem only thing i didnt test is my cpu but its new outa the box from yesterday i even tried running my hole computer outside of the case and now i really have no idea what to do or what could be the prob... plz help

my specs
asus a7n8x-e deluxe
amd xp 2600+
2x 256ddr pc 2700
2x western digital 120gig
albatron geforce 4 ti4200 turbo
sound blaster audigy gamer

More about : computer curse

November 3, 2004 12:40:57 PM

Reset the bios and unplug the SB card!

By the way, your on-board audio is better than the SB Audigy, why have you bought an Audigy with an A7N8X Deluxe???

--
A7N8X / <font color=green><b>AMD Sempron 2800+</b></font color=green> <-- <i>Is this affecting my credibility???</i>
Kingston DDR333 2x256Megs
<font color=red>Radeon 8500 128Megs</font color=red> @ C:275/M:290
November 3, 2004 11:55:56 PM

Try using your brother's psu.
Related resources
November 4, 2004 1:33:52 AM

1 - Your board is grounded. Check all your stand-offs and
make sure everything matches up.

2 - You didn't wire the switch buss up right and the power
switch isn't working.

3 - You didn't plug the 4prong 12v CPU plug in.

4 - A hard drive, floppy, or cd-rom cable is plugged in
wrong or shorted.

5 - You really are cursed by a witch or a warlock in which
case stay the hell away from me!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot
November 4, 2004 4:13:54 PM

As a card-carrying (well, okay, not <i>literally</i> card-carrying) witch, warlock, <i>and</i> gypsy, I can honestly say that it's probably not a literal curse. If it were, there would have been at least one eletrocution from a short by now and probably a nice little electrical fire with nasty smelling smoke and all that. ;)  So I'd rule out number 5.

Personally I agree with 1-4 though, leaning heavily towards 3, and then 1 quickly after that.

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>
November 4, 2004 4:16:18 PM

Actually, at this point it really could be almost anything, including just hooking up the front panel power button to the wrong lead on the mobo.

And what power supplies have you tried specifically?

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>
November 4, 2004 4:56:55 PM

I curse my puter 2.