I7 processor and an HP Pavilion dv6-2190us

Status
Not open for further replies.

gened216

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I just got a HP Pavilion dv6-2190us with an i7 processor. I'm pretty picky about computers and I know that i7 processors support turbo boost tech. I don't see anywhere in or on my computer about turbo boost and I was curious on how I could find out if it has it or not. I saw on intel's site that it depends on the bios and whole system setup but it also said that all i7 processors have it, how can I find out? Also I have windows 7 home premium and four gigs of ram, does it only utilize three and if I upgrade would it be more efficient to have 6 gigs (a 4 gig card and a 2 gig card) than 8 gigs (two 4 gigs)? I heard that the OS is better at dealing with units of 3 when it comes to ram but I don't know why that would be. Also, what do you think of this laptop I got, is it a good deal and should I be able to play most games on it? Finally, from a certain distance the pixels on my screen are quite obvious. I'm pretty particular about quality visuals and It is kind of annoying seeing obvious pixles, could this be because it is a new screen and needs to be broken in, and if so how long should that take?

HP Pavilion dv6-2190us
Windows 7 Home Premium

i7 720QM

4 gigs of ddr3 ram (661 hz dual channel) Can this be upgraded to a higher speed (hz)?

NVIDIA GT 230M

15.6" screen LED Backlit and brightview
(1366 x 768)
500 GB HDD 7200 rpm

DVD super-multi with lightscribe

3 usb 2.0

1 eSata/usb combo

HDMI out

VGA out

802.11b/g/n wireless lan

10/100/1000Mbps LAN

IEEE 1394 port

notebook expansion port

HP remote

1 mic in

2 audio out

altec lansing speakers with srs premium sound

5 in 1 card reader

webcam 1.3 mp

120 watt power adapter

6-cell battery

Thanks for any help, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, this was the othe laptop I was looking at but it is just so expensive, tell me what you think http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157279

Status
Not open for further replies.