Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Dell Alienware Aurora ALX Desktop Windows 7 Microphone NOT Recording

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 27, 2011 6:42:50 PM

Dell Alienware Aurora ALX Windows 7 Premium 64 bit Sound Recording through Microphone​.

I am not able to record through a microphone; the same mics work in my other PCs. The mics are very basic and simple ones - nothing special!

My Dell Alienware Aurora ALX Windows 7 Premium 64 Control Panel ->Sound->Recording -- shows "No Audio drivers are installed".

Start-> Programs -> Sound Recorder -> gives Sound Recorder Error Window "An Audio Recording Device cannot be found. OK ".

Speakers and everything else about the PC are OK!

Pls help!

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2011 7:12:40 AM

You may want to download and install the driver from Dell. I think the window is using the generic driver to run the speaker so you get sound but the microphone is not working because there is non on the window.
October 5, 2011 3:25:34 AM

Pyree said:
You may want to download and install the driver from Dell. I think the window is using the generic driver to run the speaker so you get sound but the microphone is not working because there is non on the window.

Thanx Pyree!
I can ask Dell - but Dell Support may ask for make,model etc., of the mic - Mine is just one of those simpletons picked up from the market. May be there may be provision to say "Others" or "Not Known"! Shall try and get back to you!
Score
Related resources
October 6, 2011 12:45:31 PM

Best answer selected by logamuthu.
Score
October 6, 2011 12:48:27 PM

Pyree said:

Googolplex Thanx Pyree!

Your suggestion worked and was the best!
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2011 1:52:23 PM

No problem.
Score
a c 413 $ Windows 7
October 7, 2011 1:34:03 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!