Tech: JY Phantom? switch problem

When I check switch 18 (Shooter Lane), switch 14 (Plumb Bob Tilt)
registers as well. Snipped the diode on 18 and it checked OK. I see
no diode on 14. Is its diode on the coin interface PCB? If so, which diode
is it? I'm confused with what I see in the manual. All other switches in
the Row
check OK.

I don't think it's a row or column problem, but hey, I'm no pinball tech
either.
Any help in pointing me in the right direction would surely be appreciated.

Harry Williamson
My Security Pro
877 767-2337
The Internets Premier Safe and Security SuperStore.
Safes, Key Machines, Keyblanks, Specialty Tools, Door Closers, Hinges, and
EVERYTHING else Security.
www.mysecuritypro.com

Check the other switches on the row and column, you have a diode backwards,
a switch wired wrong, or a short. Put diode back on 18, not sure off hand
where plumb bob tilt diode is - follow the wires around it should have one -
though I doubt your problem is there - most likely another switch. LTG :)

"Harry Williamson" <hank35@comcast.net> wrote in message
> When I check switch 18 (Shooter Lane), switch 14 (Plumb Bob Tilt)
> registers as well. Snipped the diode on 18 and it checked OK. I see
> no diode on 14. Is its diode on the coin interface PCB? If so, which
diode
> is it? I'm confused with what I see in the manual. All other switches in
> the Row
> check OK.
>
> I don't think it's a row or column problem, but hey, I'm no pinball tech
> either.
> Any help in pointing me in the right direction would surely be
appreciated.

> Harry Williamson
> My Security Pro
> 877 767-2337

You were correct sir. Drove me nuts. Checked all switches on bottom of
playfield to find them all correct. Did a factory reset, played a game, and
had an error code to check crane hold. Checked crane hold (on backside
of back board) to find switch diode shorted to center post. I would have
never
found that...tonight.

Thanks Buddy.

Harry