TurtleBeach X12s fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I recently threw my X12s at my couch and the left ear kind of " broke ". I can't hear in it anymore, but the right one works, despite loosing the wire connection. What do I do? Also, how do I disassemble it? If worst comes to worst, what headset is a good, durable and comfortable buy under $100 CAD?

Solution
hey shoryuken,

you could try checking www.ifixit.com and see if they have a repair manual for your model. if not, maybe try contacting the manufacturer directly and request a wiring schematic - but I'd make sure you're at least moderately comfortable with wiring / digital circuitry before you go digging. you might get lucky and find it's a quick fix.

and yeah if worst comes to worst, you could get a new pair. creative has the tactic sigma (multi platform wired) and the tactic 3d omega headset (multi platform wireless), and I consider both fairly comfy, plus the build quality on the omega is respectable. i'm 6'2 and have dropped them on tiled floors multiple times and they still play fine. you should have no problem chucking them...

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hey shoryuken,

you could try checking www.ifixit.com and see if they have a repair manual for your model. if not, maybe try contacting the manufacturer directly and request a wiring schematic - but I'd make sure you're at least moderately comfortable with wiring / digital circuitry before you go digging. you might get lucky and find it's a quick fix.

and yeah if worst comes to worst, you could get a new pair. creative has the tactic sigma (multi platform wired) and the tactic 3d omega headset (multi platform wireless), and I consider both fairly comfy, plus the build quality on the omega is respectable. i'm 6'2 and have dropped them on tiled floors multiple times and they still play fine. you should have no problem chucking them into the couch haha :na:

i hope you're able to fix your headset man. best of luck

-audioranger

Solution

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Thanks. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to wires in audio equipment. So I'll look at that headset that you suggested. :)

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Also, do I need to buy that Recon3D + Wireless Card for this to work?

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Also, do I need to buy that Recon3D + Wireless Card for this to work?

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hey man,

nah you actually don't need that. it's essentially just an external portable sound card to use as an alternative to the onboard audio from your motherboard. it'll clean up most noise and will improve your sound, but it's not required by any means, and honestly you'll see more of an advantage when pairing that with a console instead of a pc. if you're think you'll be gaming more on the xbox360 or ps3, then you may want to consider it, but do know that it's not mandatory at all. game on! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.