New pc lags :|

SpyCake

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Need some help, built a new computer, and it lags every 4 minutes or so, while im listining to music it makes a bzz sound and it kinda lags, but only for like 1-2 seconds, anyone knows why? :(

SpyCake

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Also here are specs if it helps.

x2 ASUS GEFORCE GTX 580 DIRECTCU II 1536MB
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Z68 S-1155
COOLER MASTER FULLTOWER HAF X
INTEL CORE I7 2600K
CORSAIR HX 1050W
CORSAIR H100 HYDRO CPU COOLER

you shouldnt be getting any hiccup/lag problems on that rig. sounds like either software or drivers arent playing nice or you have some sort of hardware problem.

does the computer hang for a second or two with nothing running? (you can test to see if the mouse hangs)? if not, what are you running when the pc hangs? are you multitasking?

where does the buzzing sound come from? is it coming from the case-speaker connected to the motherboard? is it coming through the normal speakers? is it coming from some other internal component (list which)?

is there anything out of the ordinary with regards to your hardware or software? for example if you open up your case and theres a burning smell, leaking fluid from your cooler, etcetera. another example is if you had no trouble before you installed program xyz.

SpyCake

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
It usually happens (or i notice it) when i'm listining to music, i hear it it my headset, while playing games, it will only happen once, then happen 1 more time the next match

you did not mention where the buzzing sound was coming from. this is IMPORTANT.

-if the buzzing is coming from your psu this could mean it is unstable. if this is the case i'd replace it as a bad psu can wreck everything.

-if the buzzing is coming from a case fan or heatsink fan or video card fan this could mean that the lagging is caused by high temperatures. safeguards are often in place but still you should get this fixed

-if the buzzing is coming from the motherboard speaker/case speaker this normally indicates that either the speaker is bad or getting interference (doubt it) or there is an issue.

-if the buzzing is coming from something else this might mean other things.

also you did not mention if the computer had these problems since the START or if they occured AFTER installing something. for instance if your pc worked fine for 3 months and then you upgraded drivers and started having trouble. bingo bad drivers is most likely the cause.

--

when we ask you to check for things, it is wise check for everything we say (theres a reason) and report back all the information you can. the more information (within reason) that you give back to us, the better information we can give you.

at this point in time i cannot say whether it is hardware or software. depending on the two questions you didnt answer it could give you a lead to where the problem may be.

another important question is the nature of the event. does the pc totally hang up for a few seconds (mouse doesnt move, screen has no motion, etcetera) or does it just slow down for a few seconds (mouse moves slowly or glitchy, framerate slows but doesnt stop, etcetera). does audio slow down, glitch, or stop entirely for that time period? what does the performance monitor (ctrl+alt+del, task manager, performance tab) say when the event happens? if it spikes go into the advanced area and look to see what program seems to be spiking.

SpyCake

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Ok...after i downloaded realtek drivers, and activated my w7, it doesent happen anymore... strange, played alot of rounds of BF3, and no lag/bzz sound, also i couldn't answer where the sound came from because i dont know, i used a headset all the time. It came from the headset