Black Hole mini sling mod?

karl

Feel free to opinie:

I had an idea (I probably won't do it however) to make an additional
sling shot (contact kicker as '78 Gottlieb parts catalog calls it) just
above the left lower most flipper, inside the triangular platic. I
think it would be neat and help hit those yellow targets on the oposite
side, but I just don't think I could bring my self to drill a new hole
into the PF for the kicker lever thingy.

The geometry should work if adjusted and positioned correctly but I
admit I did not get out my slide rule!

Even if done well it's irreverseable and that's a deal breaker with me.
Any thoughts?

Have fun, Karl.

Hi Karl,

I own Black Hole as well. It certainly would make the game easier; giving
you more chances to obtain the yellow targets, as you mention. I think that
would detract from the game.

In my view it would devalue the game as well, no matter how slick the
conversion would be. Call me a purist, but doing "mods" for "mods sake"
seems fundamentally wrong. Oh boy, don't get me started on NOS playfields
*ducking for cover* :)

Take the playfield parts off, Novus 2, carnauba wax two coats, put fresh
coil sleeves in, put fresh rubber on, and watch out for a lightning game!

Cheers,
Dan

Long live System 80