Dv6000 cooling upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisc

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I know its an old lab, but i works. The Harddisk is growing in heat 60 -65 C without coolingpad . I have a coolerpad under and then it is 42-46 C.
I'm looking for a microcooler to install inside the lab behind the HD or elsewhere.

or a genies solution :eek:

Solution
Cooling Pad is the cheapest and most simplistic cooling option for Laptops, the most i personally can reccomend is keep it ontop of cold hard services and don't use it on your lap, pillows and other soft furniture.

If you feel your laptop is dying to the point where you need to molest it to keep it running, it may be worth concidering just buying a cheap Netbook etc, which these days are 200 GBP or under if you're lucky.
There really are no aftermarket cooling products for notebooks - there's no room for them. Other than drilling holes in plastic panels for more vents or installing your own fan somehow (along with cleaning dust out of your heatsinks), there's not much more you can do.

vipers992

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Cooling Pad is the cheapest and most simplistic cooling option for Laptops, the most i personally can reccomend is keep it ontop of cold hard services and don't use it on your lap, pillows and other soft furniture.

If you feel your laptop is dying to the point where you need to molest it to keep it running, it may be worth concidering just buying a cheap Netbook etc, which these days are 200 GBP or under if you're lucky.

Solution

nisc

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
:sarcastic: Well I will spend some € for a G560 or something likely. Thanks :sarcastic:

Status
Not open for further replies.