Cool N Quiet = passive AMD?

I recently started using C&Q on my 3200+NC and it seems that the fan stops completely when it is idling. I was shocked when I first discovered this but later realized what was going on when the fan started moving when I started a game. This makes my system disturbingly quiet and enjoyable to work with. Thanx AMD for making a desktop proc that is so quiet and fast:)
BTW it idles @ 1ghz and 1.246V and seems to instantly come back to full speed whenver its needed. No slowdown's noticed yet.
7 answers Last reply
More about cool quiet passive
  1. even surfing the internet and listening to an mp3 wont make the fan startup. This is so awesome
  2. what are ur temps when idling, gaming/benching?

Homer: (crying) ahhh i dont remember the last time i cried like this!
    Lisa: When u put ur shirt on backwards
    Homer: (crying) o ya, (crying) the tag chafed my skin (crying)
  3. Temps when listening to mp3 and surfin net are about 46C. They stay about the same or go a little lower on load becasue the fan spins up and keeps it cool.
  4. I dissabled C+Q because my idle temps are mid 30s without, mid 40s with. I cant hear the cpu fan over the psu fans anyway.
  5. you sound like a fan boy, I'm watching you :tongue:

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 1024mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.
  7. I'm not a fanboy. I just like the idea of having a proc which runs @ a lower clockspeed and is as fast or faster than a proc running @ A higher clockspeed. From what i've seen,a 2.0ghz Dothan, with 2 megs of L2, running DDR333single channel, is slightly slower than a 2.0ghz 3000+A64, with 512KB of L2 and DDR333 single channel. Intel is almost there with that chip and i'll consider buying one when it costs 300CDN or less and outperforms my A64.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan AMD