Best gaming headset to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Good Day, I am in the market for what would be the best gaming headset for me to purchase. Good 7.1 directional sound quality and a very good attached microphone are an absolute must. My price limit is €180

Which one should I get?

Cheers!

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hey malibu. if you're scoping out 7.1 headsets with decent mics, then I'd recommend either the Razer Tiamat 7.1, Sennheiser PC360, or Steelseries V2. The Tiamat has great directional audio, but I think the pc360s have the superior mic. It's a bit of a trade off I suppose, they're both excellent headphones and each has the qualities you're looking for

it's also worth mentioning that they each 'wear' a tad differently too. while they're both circumaural, the pc360s have an open acoustic build to em and that does make for a slightly difference listening experience, as it lets more sound in and also out (which may be seen as a downside by some, at least for noise isolation).

happy listening man :D

ZOMBIECRUNCH

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
There is little difference between 5.1 and 7.1 mostly if its for gaming. I recommend a good sound card like the xonar dx and a entry level audiophile grade set of headphones and a Zalman clip on mic if you want to get the most for you money.
If you want you can get true 5.1 surround sound by getting the Roccat Kaves which are right in your price rang but

If your not that picky about the quality of your sound then you can get a usb headset but there not bad its just that you could have more with a real decent setup for games, music, movies or anything else. For a usb headset I heard that the Zowie Hammer headset has really good headphone drivers.

Keep in mind if you want to get most out of your sound with a soundcard and audiophile grade headphones you will need to get a dac.

Good luck on your decision

Status
Not open for further replies.