When will Pentium 5 come out?

Unseen

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Any ideas when Pentium 5 is coming and what specs it will have? Awhile back couple ppl were saying Prescot would be P5, and then 775 Socket was going to be P5, but didn't turn out that way. Seems like with P4 hitting max at 3.8 ghz, Intel would getting P5 ready soon. I haven't heard too much about P5 though. Has anyone got any info about this?

AMD101

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
When they have something that they can advertise as being faster than a 3.8P4 when not running a ghz slower probably.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Intel may never have a Pentium 5. I believe they're considering a name change. Perhaps Pentium Uber or something.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Unseen

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Hmm wonder what kind of name they would use. I think they have using pentium for like 10 years now, guess it might be a time for a change.

dd_viper

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
that also could result in some drop in purchase becuase people dont really like change, when they are use to the old ways of things.

Homer: (crying) ahhh i dont remember the last time i cried like this!
Lisa: When u put ur shirt on backwards
Homer: (crying) o ya, (crying) the tag chafed my skin (crying)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They might just go with model numbers and drop the model name completely, "Pentium 560" etc.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

dd_viper

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
huh never thought of that. that could happen but they really need a single slogan of one name (p4,p3, etc) to get more sales and not have like 5 series slogan then 6 etc.

Homer: (crying) ahhh i dont remember the last time i cried like this!
Lisa: When u put ur shirt on backwards
Homer: (crying) o ya, (crying) the tag chafed my skin (crying)