Sign in with
Your question

Multiple instances of psp

Last response: in Windows 7
December 12, 2012 12:38:35 PM

I have windows 7 64 and have installed paint shop pro v.7. Every time I open a jpg it opens in a new instance of paint shop instead of opening the picture in the already running instance of the program. I know that there is a way to correct this, but I don't know it, there are several threads online about how to solve this in XP, but not windows 7. Does anyone here have any ideas?

More about : multiple instances psp

December 12, 2012 5:55:58 PM

Uninstall all versions of paint shop pro, use CCleaner to remove registry entries of paint shop pro remaining and clear unused file types. Re-install 1 paint shop pro only.
m
l
December 12, 2012 5:56:20 PM

PSP = Sony Play Station Pro.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2012 6:05:13 PM

PSP = paint shop pro first.

Is there not an option for open new or open within?
m
l
December 13, 2012 2:12:32 AM

Thanks for the reply. However uninstalling and then reinstalling paint shop pro version 7 did not fix the problem. I also tried setting the default program for jpeg and jpg to other programs and then back to paint shop pro and that didn't work either.
m
l
December 14, 2012 6:02:51 AM

Go to open with, select windows photo viewer as your default jpg viewer.
In paintshop pro, set it to ignore file extension ownership.
m
l
December 15, 2012 2:08:54 PM

Thank you all for your comments. I got it working correctly. What I did was to uninstall paint shop pro. Then I went into the registry and deleted all references for "psp" (paint shop pro) and rebooted. Then I reinstalled the program but did NOT open it. Then I went to default programs and associated jpg and jpeg with paint shop pro and rebooted. Now when I open pictures by clicking on them from inside of a folder paint shop pro places all the pictures into one instance of the program. This makes me happy!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 1:52:43 AM

And here i always though of

PSP as PlayStation Portable.

I remember lots of PSP(Paint Shop Pro) back on the day.
m
l
!