Sign in with
Your question

Can't Startup Win98se

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
October 28, 2002 12:00:05 AM

I have a dualboot win98/xp computer. I've just bought a new Logitech Wheel Mouse Optical, and I was trying to install it.

So, I plugged the mouse into the USB at the back of my comp. And win98 detects it, and ask me for the driver. So I put the CD that comes with Logitech mouse and 'browse' the driver. After that.. my new mouse started to work very nicely~

BUT here is the problem, after I restart it. I can't startup win98 anymore!! I can see the win98 'cloudy' logo loading and stuff.. but right after that, I see a blue blank screen for 1/10 of a sec, and the computer will reboot itself!!

WHAT'S WRONG?? I got into win98 in safe mode. Remove the new USB mouse from 'Control Panel'->'System'->'Hardware Devices'. But I still can't startup windows. *___*

Help help!!

More about : startup win98se

October 28, 2002 1:07:36 PM

ok
boot up and hit f8 to get start menu, choose command prompt, then put scanreg /restore
choose a date before you instlaled the mouse drivers
then pop off to logitech for some newer drivers

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
October 28, 2002 1:45:21 PM

I had problems with my logitech optical wheel mouse until I updated the driver in device manager to a standard ps/2 port mouse (Also using the usb to ps/2 adapter that came in the box). It allows use of the buttons and wheel but not the logitech software, which I didn't want anyway.

John A
November 3, 2002 4:54:28 AM

I have an optical wheel mouse in 98SE and it works perfectly with Window's built-in driver!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!