Just wondering how many owners of this game go to this site actively.
It seems like I have only heard from a handfull. If so maybe I should
be using other area's for getting interest. So far it looks like
Anthony Kapolka, & myself will have the only ones. Even if you are a
purist, & want to keep original art, thats ok, I would like to see new
playfields done, but it won't be mine because of agreement for Gottlieb
Prototypes. But maybe you would like a decoration, prototype playfield
which is rare, to have for show or decoration, or to actually install.

Well im calling it a night, seems like 50 - 50 so far, just over a
handfull on rgp.

Keep in mind there aren't that many DD's out there to begin with. With
that in mind you have to realize those that own them will be mostly
unwilling to destroy it in favor of a conversion. However, some may be
willing to buy an outright conversion as long as they do not have to
forfeit their original components. But again there are so few in
existence your market is extremely limited.

Get the facts of your conversion project down clear and concise and post
it to Mr Pinball classifieds. A lot of people read Mr Pinball ads that
never read RGP. Good luck!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Thanks: I did that last night, only seems like a handfull of owners on
rgp. I also think that there will be a better response when finished.

I have one and would not change it. I think the art is great the way it
is.

John Pursglove

Audubon, NJ
www.southjerseypinball.com

On 2005-09-04 09:23:45 -0400, "John Pursglove" <jp.pinball@gmail.com> said:

> I have one and would not change it. I think the art is great the way it
> is.
> John Pursglove
>
> Audubon, NJ
> www.southjerseypinball.com

I also have one, and I wouldn't change it in anyway.

-mike

So far about 6 wouldn't change their games, still looking for the ones
with poor playfields etc. who might want a new one.

John:

Still a major disconnect, here.

I have a GOOD playfield Devil's Dare.

1) I would not send you my GOOD playfield in any case. It's not
clear if this is still a requirement since you apparently already have one.

2) I *might* want a new one (same layout, different artwork) if:
a) the price is reasonable $200 sounds great.
b) I don't need to give up my original playfield - I'd do the swap
myself
c) the theme was interesting (for me, Egypt/pyramids is not very)
d) the artwork didn't look amateurish

3) You're asking a lot for people to make a commitment, especially
with so many details up in the air.

4) I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I think it would be clearer
if you call what you're doing a "conversion kit". Sure, the first run of
them may be "prototypes", but you can have a prototype *anything* so
offering "Gottlieb Prototype's" (sic) is confusing.

Good luck with the project,
-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/

<greatwichjohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So far about 6 wouldn't change their games, still looking for the ones
> with poor playfields etc. who might want a new one.

Hey Mark, if you are still tracking this send email, address on Pinball
News.

John:

I don't know if you meant this "Mark", but email has been sent.

-Mark