Sign in with
Your question

Intel FAR SUPERIOR VALUE to AMD!

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2004 5:12:41 AM

When you buy <A HREF="http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product..." target="_new">This Board</A> and cash in the rebate. The board is FREE, it's a top quality board (read review <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/SOYO_P4I875P/index.html" target="_new">HERE</A>), and that means no matter what AMD processor you were considering, the comparable Intel system will come out cheaper!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

More about : intel superior amd

November 11, 2004 6:48:20 AM

Yeah...but you're still stuck with Intel.
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2004 7:14:25 AM

Yes, I almost forgot about INTEL'S CLEAR PERFORMANCE LEAD!!!

What performance lead? For the price of an A64 2800+ and MSI K8 Neo Platinum, you can buy the P4 3.2C and have money left over!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
November 11, 2004 9:39:50 AM

It's either a mockup or a typo.
November 11, 2004 10:19:39 AM

Well if there saying Free there could be two problem. One the Mother boards run slower then it counter part Motherboards. Or intel starting to panic.
November 11, 2004 11:27:07 AM

two mail in rebates.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
November 11, 2004 12:14:34 PM

It has nothing to do with Intel, it's SOyo offering the rebates, and they've done it on a bunch of their boards lately, not just the Intel chipset ones. Seen it with i865, i875 and ATI chipsets.
November 11, 2004 2:05:17 PM

What is the point of a rebate? How does it work? I have never seen them here in the UK.
November 11, 2004 2:08:52 PM

Nice read. Can't go wrong on that price. FREEE!!!!!!. But I'll stick with my Abit IS7.
November 11, 2004 2:43:26 PM

Crash...from what IU can see from some of your last post, you are becoming a soyo dealer !!! ;-) How long before you start to like VIA??? :-))

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
November 11, 2004 3:06:42 PM

My friend bought that board a while ago just because he needed another machine really quick. He had low expectations for it but it turned out to be fairly good. If you wan't to put a crap load of hard drives in your machine that would be the board for you. It has excessive onboard hd controllers.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
November 11, 2004 5:23:13 PM

"read review here"
That's not just any review, thats an AWESOME REVIEW! :cool:
November 11, 2004 5:25:34 PM

<pre> Where? </pre><p>
November 11, 2004 5:34:02 PM

I was joking around with Crashman, he usually refers to CERTAIN reviews as AWESOME REIVEWS. I took for granted that the link was to the SYS OPT review for this board. I guess I should have clicked the link first. Just another ROOKIE mistake! It won't be the last one I make!
November 11, 2004 5:49:22 PM

I guess you know who Thomas Soderstrom is (I'll never misspell this name again :wink: )

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
November 11, 2004 6:05:07 PM

pwnt

November 11, 2004 6:18:58 PM

Yes I know. Hence the comment (CERTAIN REVIEWS) I caught on to that in another post some time ago.
November 11, 2004 6:24:04 PM

Its about time you blasted one of my comments. I was beginning to feel neglected. You havent cut me down in a long time! :eek: 
November 11, 2004 6:36:47 PM

You know, I haven't gotten a good flame in ages.

Then again, I haven't posted much in ages either...

For that matter, I may have gotten flamed and just not read it.

:\

I'm so broke that I can't even pay attention.

Umm ...

VIA'S CPU PERFORMANCE KICKS THE PANTS OF INTEL, AMD, AND MAC!<pre>If that doesn't get a flame, nothing will.</pre><p><pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>
November 11, 2004 6:38:49 PM

Bull$hit, Transmetta Rulez the performance crown.

November 11, 2004 6:45:22 PM

<font color=red>No way! Transmeta can't even spell their own name right, let alone design a CPU as superior as VIA.</font color=red> :mad: 

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2004 7:02:27 PM

Hey, I get VIA boards free too, and sell them. Shhh. Dude, a board could be made of french manure...or is it "man-wah", and I'd still sell it. I need the money.

a b à CPUs
November 11, 2004 7:03:43 PM

I linked to a review, I liked the board. Beat my P4C800-E Deluxe in a few ways.

November 11, 2004 7:13:25 PM

Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum aktA mobo- $124.99
Mail-in Rebate $110
Total: $14.99, no tax, no shipping
AMD 2500+ mobile: $88 overclocks to 2.3 Ghz
Bottom line: $102.99 for proc. and mobo.
OOPS, SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE. PRICE TO PERFORMANCEE BATTLE: AMD IS THE WINNER.

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2004 9:59:51 PM

No, now you're just lying outright. I mean, geeze, I was inserting a bit of humor, but for you to compare ANY VIA chipset to an Intel or nVidia chipset is simply stupid, but you knew that, that's why you're lying.

And THEN to insist people OVERCLOCK to get the deal, overclocking is NOT associated with any price/performance comparison for normal system builds, it's an option for stupid people like you and me who aren't afraid to ruin our equipment.

a b à CPUs
November 12, 2004 3:01:35 AM

Quote:
When you buy This Board and cash in the rebate. The board is FREE, it's a top quality board

I bought a SOYO MB in MAY '04 that had a rebate and I'm still waiting for it. I called them on it and they admitted that they were behind due to the heavy volume of rebates they have out standing. Any one else have this expirence with them?
November 12, 2004 4:53:30 AM

I have heard that SOYO is famous for taking their time. I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, so it really hasnt been long enough for me to get upset yet. The one thing that does bother me is that they havent gotten it input into their system yet. From what I understand, you really must stay on them. Soyo says that you should be able to view the status in 8 weeks and that the rebate will go out in 12 weeks. Keep sending e-mails, thats about all you can do!
November 12, 2004 11:26:54 AM

We love the extra speed we get out of our rigs. :smile:
a b à CPUs
November 12, 2004 7:57:52 PM

I believe this is how they continue to recover costs in spite of rebates:
1.) They count on the fact that at least 10% of the people will forget to send in their rebates
2.) another 10% loose part of the required documentation
3.) Another 10% put it off until after the rebate expires, then realize they messed up
4.) Of the 70% that's left, they can eliminate 1/2 of those people by making it difficult. That means only 35% of the boards get the rebates paid.

The numbers are worse than that, but yes, Soyo counts on buyers messing up first, then buyers becomming complacent, in order to get around paying rebates.

It's been my experience that it's also how they get around issuing RMA's for motherboard repairs!

a b à CPUs
November 12, 2004 7:58:54 PM

Stop. You know where this conversation could lead. The next thing you know some n00b will be v-modding his board to 3.3v core and blaming us!

November 12, 2004 10:04:04 PM

6 months is the legal limit for a rebate. If a manufacturer goes over that, then you are screwed and have a reason to do absolutely nothing.

didnt make sense what I wrote? well, its like having laws in a country without anyone to care or arrest anyone. Rebates are hardly ever expected to work, thats the lure, money for nothing and chix for free is the compgeeks dream, but well, if it doesnt make sense, prepare to get reemed on technicality or just blatant lies and loopholes.

I ran a retail outlet for a couple of years, only half the people submited them, and of that half, 1/3 of them at least were done incorrectly and therefore void without warning.
November 12, 2004 10:48:55 PM

Crashman is WRONG! I can't believe it! Fully 40% of all rebates go un-cashed! My kid is a busines major.
LOL!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot
November 12, 2004 10:55:43 PM

Plus, you are assuming that people aren't buying those products with a rebate reflecting the buying decision. If you buy a Soyo MB with a rebate like that, I can guarantee you that 95% of the qualifiers will submit the documentation on time. Believe it or not, people really aren't stupid!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot
November 12, 2004 11:11:03 PM

People really are that STUPED

<font color=red><pre>_____________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 13, 2004 2:38:04 PM

Crash, I am considering this board, and have printed rebates. they state only bought from ZZF.
ZZF is temp out of stock.
If I b/o board, will this still qualify, do you think?
I have never ever got a deal this good, but wonder if this might be the loophole to not honor rebates...

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 13, 2004 5:15:24 PM

Im already nervous about my reabte, I bought this board a month ago and submitted the rebate the same day that I received it. At that time the rebate was for around $100.00 total. I submitted it online and mailed in the forms. I don't expect the check this early, it says something about 12 weeks on the forms. What bothers me is that they dont have it in the system, and won't return my e-mails. "Other than the first one" I keep reading where people have not got their rebates even as far back as May. One other thing, someone had mentioned that either SoYo was having finacial problems or that they were being or had been bought out. Don't take my word for the latter, I havent looked into it myself.
November 13, 2004 5:21:24 PM

SOYO Denies Published Report of Takeover by PC Chips -- Operations in USA and Taiwan Remain Unchanged
August 10th, 2004
ONTARIO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 10, 2004--SOYO Group, Inc. (OTCBB:SOYO), a distributor of motherboards, computer peripheral, barebone systems and wireless networking products, today announced that a news report, which appeared in the publication DigiTimes on August 2, 2004 claiming SOYO was taken over by investors representing "Lung Teng" Electronics, a member of the PC Chips Group of China, is false.

SOYO Group, Inc., headquartered in Ontario, said the story is erroneous and assures its reseller partners, distributors and customers that the business operations of SOYO Group, Inc. is unchanged.

The quality of SOYO products and services, and the use of "SOYO" brand name now and in the future are not affected, according to SOYO President Ming Chok.

SOYO Group, Inc. became a separate company from SOYO Computer, Inc. in 2002 and is presently traded under the symbol OTCBB:SOYO.

"It is clearly shown in our public announcements that SOYO Group, Inc. is a public company with SOYO Computer, Inc. as a preferred stock shareholder and one of the suppliers," Chok said.

SOYO Group, Inc. owns and has the exclusive right to use the brand name of "SOYO." The brand name of "SOYO" will not be taken over by any third party, according to SOYO.

"It is our policy to provide high performance products and high quality products to our customers and this spirit will continue indefinitely. The management of SOYO Group, Inc. confirms that there will be no change to its existing products profile, the quality and services provided, the distribution channels, existing customer relationships and its business strategy," SOYO's management team said in a prepared statement.

About SOYO:

Headquartered in Ontario, California, SOYO Group, Inc. (OTCBB:SOYO) sells its products through a select group of retailers, e-tailers, distributors, system integrators, and VARs worldwide. SOYO's Brazil office takes charge of local sales activities and RMA logistics to better service the Latin American customers. For more information on the company, please call 909-292-2500. Further information on SOYO products can be found online at http://www.soyousa.com. SOYO Group, Inc. is a publicly traded company on the OTC Exchange under the symbol OTCBB:SOYO.

This information contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the "Act"). In particular, when used in the preceding discussion, the words "plan," "confident that," "believe," "scheduled," "expect," or "intend to," and similar conditional expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Act and are subject to the safe harbor created by the Act. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties and actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any of the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, market conditions, the availability of components and successful production of the Company's products, general acceptance of the Company's products and technologies, competitive factors, timing, and other risks described in the Company's SEC reports and filings.

Third party statements contained herein and information contained on any third party website are not endorsed by or adopted by SOYO, nor has their accuracy been verified by SOYO.

<A HREF="http://www.soyousa.com/news/newsarticle.php?id=230" target="_new"> Link </A>

November 13, 2004 5:26:42 PM

I should have looked into that before making the statement. Im not much on passing rumors around. Thats why I said to not take my word it. Even so, I shouldnt make comments and usually don't without verification on my part. I stand corrected!
!