Need input on Oc'ing

windgod

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2004
so, i want to do this right and i need everybody's help so i can max this thing out. I'm putting in a 2500+ xp-m into a soyo dragon kt600 ultra, but theres some nuances i need ironed out.
1) What is the divider best set at at stock speed(1.8ghz)?
At OC speed(2.3ghz)?
2) Recommended multiplier, voltage settings?
3) Any possible conflicts?
4) Additional advice?

Thanks in advance.

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
Assuming you have good quality DDR400 RAM (PC3200). Your factory setting would be 133MHz FSB with X14 multiplier. You should easily be able to run this with a 200MHz FSB, so try pushing it up to 200 X 12 (if your multiplier's not locked), you might have to use a mosdest bump in Vcore. That would give you 2.4GHz. With air cooling I've seen lots of people hitting 2.2-2.5GHz with this chip.
Good luck!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Mobile XP's are always unlocked.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
For OC'ing a Mobile XP, I'd start off with a 200MHz bus and a low multiplier, then work my way up to the highest stable multiplier. When I figured that out, I'd start pushing the bus up a little until I reached my max overclock, then take it down a little for stability.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS