Best pinball parts sites in Australia

Can anyone recommend the best pinball parts sites in Australia?

Also which ones in the US which are reliable to post parts to Australia?

regards,
Mick
24 answers Last reply
More about best pinball parts sites australia

    Definitely agree with all those but you will have no worries with these
    either:

    Dave at FAO, Ray at Action Pinball, Frank at Orbit Pinball and Mike at
    DOP are all top blokes:

    http://www.foramusementonly.to/williams.html
    http://www.aros.net/~rayj/action/index.htm
    http://orbitpinball.com/about.htm
    http://www.duke-of-pinball.com/

    Also ordered from these fellas a couple of times with no problems
    whatsoever

    http://pinballinc.com/

    Haven't ordered from Cliffy yet but I would not hesitate to do so.
    http://passionforpinball.com/

    Get a Paypal account and ship using Global Express Airmail. In 4 - 6
    days you will have your package no problem. Don't worry about insurance
    as Global Express uses tracking numbers and don't scrimp on postage to
    save a buck.

    Dave

    if you need the odd part get it here
    if your going to buy something like coils (s) for exsample
    buy here as shipping from the US will take any $ you save

    but for the most part you can save and there's a bigger
    list of games parts that you can get from the US
    ( this may change with TPF selling direct after Oct 12)

    people l have brought from and never had a shipment go
    missing from are
    > > Steve - Pinball Resource for Gtlb parts as well as WMS and Stern parts
    > > http://www.pbresource.com

    Ray- Action Pinball
    http://www.aros.net/~rayj/action/

    Dave- one of the best
    http://www.foramusementonly.to

    Cliffy- for hand made hole protectors
    http://www.passionforpinball.com

    James for ramps
    http://pinballinc.com/

    Kerry- this guy picks up some very hard to get parts
    Mantis Amusements

    > > Marco Specialties - big list to choose from
    shipping can be high
    > > http://www.marcospecialties.com

    l have had NOTHING go wrong with shipping from these guys
    and if there is something like the wrong part sent
    they will fix it straight away- and most give shipping options

    in Aust there's really only 2
    http://pinball.com/ - Mrpinball.com.au heaps of parts
    and
    bumper Action - the guy that works the spare parts
    desk has great contacts
    these 2 probably carry the most parts
    in the country

    Greg

    Wayne
    thats true
    l went with a mate to buy one or two parts for his games
    in Qld- well in short l refused to pay there bullshit prices
    and when l got home went to Mr Pinball -Aust and got them cheaper (alot
    cheaper)
    and also picked up a ball gate that my mate had been trying to get for
    about 2 mths

    Greg

    sorry but it has to be said

    "Now, how much are your chrome legs - I need a set or 2."

    a set is 4

    "Much as I'd like to buy exclusively from you and support Australian
    business, when it starts coming down to $50 or $100 difference between
    yourself and Bay for example, I have no choice."

    Spot on SpamInACan, my thoughts exactly.

    Dave

    Yes on some items that are very heavy to ship and are sent to us by
    fedex $400 a small box shipping are more expensive.

    We don't mind you buying from overseas at all, as we supply many of the
    companys you buy from now.

    However they place 20k + orders at a time if you were to spend a larger
    amount you could benefit by the same level of discount.

    The Australian market is not big enough to try and compete with a
    population of 10 times our population on a domestic level.

    We have many specials on items that sell a larger qty like

    128 x 32 displays at $199 AUD
    set of 4 legs and levellers at $80 AUD
    Flipper Buttons at $2 each AUD
    Flipper Bats at $4 each AUD

    I would doubt you would be able to bring the above in to match the
    above prices.

    We have many levels of member discount depending on what you buy and
    qty,

    I am sure there are many regular customers who are aware of the pricing
    structures.

    Even so we still do 15k plus a week in parts sales within Australia.

    Sorry to say just because we have manufacturing parts rights our
    international market is where we will be competitive.

    As they say it is cheaper to buy a new Pontiac GT ( Australian Monaro )
    in the US and ship it back than buy one here.

    We do advertise here from time to time do a google search and you will
    find the posts.
    Even join the Forum and you would receive emails about specials when we
    send emails out.
    Trading post last week these were also advertised both in the paper and
    online.

    I was offered new Stern Pinballs from Hong Kong last week cheaper than
    the USA.

    The legs are USA made

    Such is life. Where do you think the Japanese buy Sony electronic
    products (TV's etc)? Certainly not in Japan!

    Cheers
    MacMan

    > As they say it is cheaper to buy a new Pontiac GT ( Australian Monaro )
    > in the US and ship it back than buy one here.

    USA:

    Marco Specialties
    http://www.marcospecialties.com
    Bay Area Amusements
    http://bayareaamusements.com

    Both do Visa etc.

    Pinball Resource
    http://www.pbresource.com

    A bit harder to order from when you are in Australia. Try sending US
    currency, well concealed, in an envelope and draw down on that when you
    order.

    AUSTRALIA:

    Unless I only need 1 or 2 items fairly quickly, I don't order from here in
    Australia.

    Brad and Pam wrote:
    > USA:
    >
    > Marco Specialties
    > http://www.marcospecialties.com
    > Bay Area Amusements
    > http://bayareaamusements.com
    >
    > Both do Visa etc.
    >

    > Pinball Resource
    > http://www.pbresource.com
    >
    > A bit harder to order from when you are in Australia. Try sending US
    > currency, well concealed, in an envelope and draw down on that when you
    > order.
    >

    > AUSTRALIA:
    >
    > Unless I only need 1 or 2 items fairly quickly, I don't order from here in
    > Australia.
    >

    > "Mick G" <gleeson8@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone recommend the best pinball parts sites in Australia?
    > >
    > > Also which ones in the US which are reliable to post parts to Australia?
    > >
    > > regards,
    > > Mick

    Cliffy is one of the nicest guys you could deal with

    and for good cheap ROMs John Wart Jr
    Look his web up on RGP- he posts alot

    Mick G wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend the best pinball parts sites in Australia?
    >
    > Also which ones in the US which are reliable to post parts to Australia?
    >
    > regards,
    > Mick

    None worth mentioning in Australia. Always want too much $$$.
    Its much cheaper to get it from the US (unless you are only after one or two
    small things, then get locally)

    These are some of the ones I've used (and all are reliable);

    http://bayareaamusements.com
    http://www.pinballlife.com
    http://www.marcospecialties.com
    http://www.greatplainselectronics.com (for electrical items)
    http://www.pinrestore.com (for restoration supplies)

    dj

    ....Interesting....and here I thought Australia was the center of the world
    of pinball. Guess I was wrong.

    Chris

    "Mick G" <gleeson8@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend the best pinball parts sites in Australia?
    >
    > Also which ones in the US which are reliable to post parts to Australia?
    >
    > regards,
    > Mick

    dj summed up my suppliers of choice although I was very unhappy with my first
    Marco experience. Wayne Gillard does have a good range of stock but charges like
    a wounded bull, so he's only really an option for emergencies. Most times you
    can order from someone like Bay Area Amusements, pay the $US30 freight and still
    end up in front compared to buying locally.

    "Mick G" <gleeson8@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend the best pinball parts sites in Australia?
    >
    > Also which ones in the US which are reliable to post parts to Australia?
    >
    > regards,
    > Mick

    You will always buy better if you import the parts yourself, because
    you will avoid Duty and GST being under $250 and of course our 30%
    margain which covers stocking the 1million dollars of parts we carry.

    Most only want a few parts and some US dealers using FedEX and UPS it
    can end up a lot more expensive.

    As far as charging like a wounded bull there are many other dealers in
    Australia who charge more than we do!

    I don't disagree with any of your points Wayne. Much as I'd like to buy
    exclusively from you and support Australian business, when it starts coming down
    to $50 or $100 difference between yourself and Bay for example, I have no
    choice. I guess the point I should have stated was that if you order in bulk
    from one of the US suppliers, say around $US200 at a time, you usually end up in

    <sales@mrpinball.com.au> wrote in message
    > You will always buy better if you import the parts yourself, because
    > you will avoid Duty and GST being under $250 and of course our 30%
    > margain which covers stocking the 1million dollars of parts we carry.
    >
    > Most only want a few parts and some US dealers using FedEX and UPS it
    > can end up a lot more expensive.
    >
    > As far as charging like a wounded bull there are many other dealers in
    > Australia who charge more than we do!

    Yar - 2 sets of 4 legs - one for my BSD and one for my JM !
    <gregberry_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > sorry but it has to be said
    >
    > "Now, how much are your chrome legs - I need a set or 2."
    >
    > a set is 4

    sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:
    > You will always buy better if you import the parts yourself, because
    > you will avoid Duty and GST being under $250 and of course our 30%
    > margain which covers stocking the 1million dollars of parts we carry.
    >
    > Most only want a few parts and some US dealers using FedEX and UPS it
    > can end up a lot more expensive.

    Example:
    http://www.mrpinball.com.au

    NYLOC-8/32 WMS NYLOC 8/32 SAME AS WMS - $3 AUD (for 1??)
    FL-11753 Special Late Model Flipper Coil $35.00 AUD

    BAA
    http://tinyurl.com/aj7d9 $1.50 US (for a bag of 15)
    http://tinyurl.com/chvq4 $7.50 US

    30% my arse.

    How much of that one million of parts is made up of $3 nuts.....

    > As far as charging like a wounded bull there are many other dealers in
    > Australia who charge more than we do!

    And that is why we buy from overseas.

    dj

    So where and when do you advertise these specials? I would have picked up a set
    of those legs a month ago if I'd have known the price. Part of the problem here
    is that we're small time hobbyists that don't buy in quantity, therefore we
    never get to see any of those pricing structures you mention.

    Does buying a machine from you qualify for a discount ;)
    > Yes on some items that are very heavy to ship and are sent to us by
    > fedex $400 a small box shipping are more expensive.
    >
    > We don't mind you buying from overseas at all, as we supply many of the
    > companys you buy from now.
    >
    > However they place 20k + orders at a time if you were to spend a larger
    > amount you could benefit by the same level of discount.
    >
    > The Australian market is not big enough to try and compete with a
    > population of 10 times our population on a domestic level.
    >
    > We have many specials on items that sell a larger qty like
    >
    > 128 x 32 displays at $199 AUD
    > set of 4 legs and levellers at $80 AUD
    > Flipper Buttons at $2 each AUD
    > Flipper Bats at $4 each AUD
    >
    > I would doubt you would be able to bring the above in to match the
    > above prices.
    >
    > We have many levels of member discount depending on what you buy and
    > qty,
    >
    > I am sure there are many regular customers who are aware of the pricing
    > structures.
    >
    > Even so we still do 15k plus a week in parts sales within Australia.
    >
    > Sorry to say just because we have manufacturing parts rights our
    > international market is where we will be competitive.
    >
    > As they say it is cheaper to buy a new Pontiac GT ( Australian Monaro )
    > in the US and ship it back than buy one here.

    sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:

    > We do advertise here from time to time do a google search and you will
    > find the posts.
    > Even join the Forum and you would receive emails about specials when we
    > send emails out.
    > Trading post last week these were also advertised both in the paper and
    > online.

    I would have thought putting it on your website rather than the Trading Post
    would have made more sense. Also, I don't have to go to a BAA/Marco forum to
    find out their prices.

    Agreed, those prices, in Aussie terms, are good and cheaper than I could get
    them (as long as those legs aren't some cheap Asian knock-offs).

    dj

    Now that's just plain mean, Chris! ;-)
    We won the America's Cup off you guys back in 1983, but never became the
    centre of the world of yaching!
    Man ... bad analogy ... our boat sank in 1987 didn't it?
    Cheers
    manny

    "Chris" <munsonjulieNOSPAM@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > ...Interesting....and here I thought Australia was the center of the world
    > of pinball. Guess I was wrong.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Mick G" <gleeson8@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend the best pinball parts sites in Australia?
    >>
    >> Also which ones in the US which are reliable to post parts to Australia?
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> Mick

Games Video Games