CPU Community THERE IS A PROBLEM!

G

I have been getting random crashes playing games and i get the blue screen.

I have a XP3200
DFI LP Ultra2 ver b
2 HD 120gb 40gb
1 dvd writers
6800gt using this but have a 9800xt
512ram

Its not a ram issue i have tried all ram testing software e,t,c and it never says anything about ram.

I dont think its a HD issue

The blue screen says somthing about a driver issue or hardware issue and thats it. it always comes up with memory dump problem its really friggin buging me.

I did OC my barton CPU to 2400mhz with Water cooling for a bench mark could i have damaged my cpu?

bjpatrick

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004
What OS are you running. Maybe you might want to pop in your OS cd and repair that operating system.

Is this problem happening when you are just playing one game many differnet games?

Are you still running Windows ME or 98? If so then get use to it and learn to reinstall your OS about once every six months.

bjpatrick@gmail.com

are all your drivers up-to-date. Including your Motherboard Chipset Drivers

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Have you gotten a blue screen while running the memory test? Also how long have you run the test? Its possible that the memory just hasnt screwed while the test are running. From what I have read and heard, blue screens are a good indicator of memory. I kept having blue screens a couple of years ago and the memory test always showed no problems. Then one day, one of the sticks died. Guess what, no more blue screens!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It could be a power issue. When you start using any 3D application it turns on parts of the graphics chip that were previously unused, causing a huge increase in power draw. This can result in a voltage surge and a system crash, if the power supply can't keep up.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

Windows XP
DID have SP2 as NED knows LOL
Just installed sp1

I get Blue screens randomly like 4 to 5 hours of game playing or just after a hour, or playing a film off my hard drive it sumtimes happens or it dont for a week or 2.

it did increase after sp2 but not by much once or twice a week.

it only started after i OC my CPU i did also OC the ram but not by much.

I ran mem test from microsoft for half an hour i also did one of those burn in tests for cpu and memory for a hour no friggin blue screens.

i just installed a fresh copy of XP see how that goes. with fresh new drivers if i get any more problems i will post again because then it has to be some friggin hardware problem i hope its not a graphics card problem it cost me $50 for the 6800 GT bfg.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by nickspeed on 11/14/04 01:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, 4-5 hours, that makes it a lot harder to diagnose!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

I know its pissing me off i cant nail it down, i just think its a driver clash thats why i did a fresh instal of XP will see how it goes.

it only started after i OC my CPU i did also OC the ram but not by much.

That statement right there leads me to think it's a heat issue... especially if it's occuring after 4 or 5 hours of use.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
I ran mem test from microsoft for half an hour i also did one of those burn in tests for cpu and memory for a hour no friggin blue screens.
I believe these tests must be run MUCH longer than you are currently doing to adequatley determine if your ram etc is stable/good.

I OC'd my FSB/ram this weekend and errors only showed up at around 20 hrs on Memtest86.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win2K sp4