Closed

Download free blu ray player for windows 7

I am looking for a good Blui ray player out there somewhere
9 answers Last reply
More about download free player windows
  1. How are you going to download a bluray player?
  2. Hi :)

There is NO free BR software that works properly...you will have to BUY it...

All the best Brett :)
  3. The only free option, is to Rip the Blu-ray onto your Hard Drive for viewing. I use MakeMKV for this, it takes about a good 50 minutes for the RIP to complete before you can watch it as a normal movie file.

That's the only free option I believe.
  4. what about vlc player? it does show support for H.264 video formats. of course you do need the hardware.

http://www.videolan.org/
  5. http://www.one-blue.com/

All legit bluray disc playback software has to be licensed by ^
  6. Yep...If the softwares I posted don't follow VLCs license whats the odds that they are following all the other licenses involved... ;)

Actually the post with those links has been deleted but I will say watch out for the softwares posted...They are just VLC in disguse...So you will be paying for something that you can get for free....Go with the PowerDVD....
  7. I'm not sure exactly of the question you're asking so I'm going to give 2 answers here....

First of all, IF you have a blue-ray device and not the software to run it, I have heard great things about cyberlink Powerdvd

IF you don't have the hardware (ie: blue-ray player) and are looking for something to emulate a BR player, then play it, I would highly recommend you look into buying the device, you'll encounter far less problems (and probably cost) if you have the hardware.

Any way you go, I don't see a free option, so I realize this is probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the truth regardless.

Cheers
  8. cyberlink Powerdvd < Has to be the Ultra version to playback bluray.
  9. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    cyberlink Powerdvd < Has to be the Ultra version to playback bluray.

Thanks for clarifying that Blackbird, like I said I don't use it, I've just heard great things about it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Windows 7 Blu-ray Product