Download free blu ray player for windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
The only free option, is to Rip the Blu-ray onto your Hard Drive for viewing. I use MakeMKV for this, it takes about a good 50 minutes for the RIP to complete before you can watch it as a normal movie file.

That's the only free option I believe.

scratchingwax

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Yep...If the softwares I posted don't follow VLCs license whats the odds that they are following all the other licenses involved... ;)

Actually the post with those links has been deleted but I will say watch out for the softwares posted...They are just VLC in disguse...So you will be paying for something that you can get for free....Go with the PowerDVD....

usmarine1979

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I'm not sure exactly of the question you're asking so I'm going to give 2 answers here....

First of all, IF you have a blue-ray device and not the software to run it, I have heard great things about cyberlink Powerdvd

IF you don't have the hardware (ie: blue-ray player) and are looking for something to emulate a BR player, then play it, I would highly recommend you look into buying the device, you'll encounter far less problems (and probably cost) if you have the hardware.

Any way you go, I don't see a free option, so I realize this is probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the truth regardless.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.