Web browser for palm

December 27, 2004 2:08:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.advocacy,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Any recommendation for a web browser on the palm OS 5.0 platform ?

More about : web browser palm

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:33:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.advocacy,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On or about depending on the hamsters Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:08:19 +0800, Ray
<goplay91@yahoo.com> permuted the language to say:

> Any recommendation for a web browser on the palm OS 5.0 platform ?

Using Webpro 3 here. Functional for most needs, but I've not yet found a
really decent browser.

--
Words
http://www.permuted.org.uk

December 27, 2004 9:53:36 PM

Ray wrote:
> Any recommendation for a web browser on the palm OS 5.0 platform ?

I'm using Navarro's nWeb on my Zire 71 with SanDisk WiFi SD. For my
tastes it gives the most pleasing results. You can trial before buying.
I've found that the best browsing experience comes from sites that
have mobile versions. For example, Google, Palminfocenter and Mapquest.

--
George Fragos
_______________

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.advocacy,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thank you.

"Sam Lipoff" <lipoff@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> You should take a look at my page about Palm Pilot web browsers:
>
> http://sam.lipoff.org/palmpilot/webbrowsers.html
>
> Admittedly, this page is now out of date, although I hope to have the
> time to update it again soon. Even so, many of these browsers work
> fine on OS 5
>
> This is also a great page about different browsers:
>
> http://www.palmsource.com/interests/browsers/
>
> On my Tungsten | C I use the following web browsers:
>
> - The Bundled Palm Web Browser (it's the slowest, but renders pages
> most faithfully to how they would appear on a desktop computer, whch is
> sometimes good, sometimes no).
> - Blazer, v. 1.1 (this is the fastest browser than also renders
> graphics, but it can be unresponsive for some time when it's having
> trouble downloading a page).
> - Pocket Link v. 2.50 (I am very impressed with this browser's ability
> to render pages fairly quickly and with integrated graphics. It has
> impressed me with its support of many web pages that refuse to display
> on the other browsers).
> - EudoraWeb v. 1.1 (this is a text only browser, but is definitely the
> fastest at rendering just text).
>
> Don't forget that AvantGo can be used as a browser for the "live web"
> as well for pages downloaded by your desktop and transferred to the
> Palm during a Hot Sync.
> Hope this information is helpful to you!
>
> --Sam Lipoff

December 28, 2004 1:24:12 AM

"Words" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:o psjm2focv0246qt@plc...
> On or about depending on the hamsters Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:08:19 +0800, Ray
> <goplay91@yahoo.com> permuted the language to say:
>
> > Any recommendation for a web browser on the palm OS 5.0 platform ?
> >

> Using Webpro 3 here. Functional for most needs, but I've not yet found a
> really decent browser.
>
> --
> Words
> http://www.permuted.org.uk
> http://my.opera.com/Words/journal/

December 28, 2004 7:04:11 AM

Ray wrote:

> Any recommendation for a web browser on the palm OS 5.0 platform ?

I think you should always get Palm Web Pro with OS 5.0. I have not used it,
but it appears strong compared with AvantGo which I used years ago. Many
people seem to like Plucker and I think it's open-source.

Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.advocacy,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thanks !!

!