Sign in with
Your question

Laptop get\'s a white screen upon start-up.

Last response: in Windows 7
December 12, 2012 5:41:38 PM

I sent my computer out for repair under warranty for an LCD display replacement and it came back with a random white screen on boot. It is random and is not connected to anything previously attempted. 85% of the time it is OK, then out of no where when I boot it up white screen. :bounce:  Thanks for any advice, it will be going back but I do not want it comming back unresolved. Hoping for some info for argument sake in case they tell me it fine...again thanks! Jerry
December 12, 2012 7:27:42 PM

If it's only occurring 85% of the time, it's probably just a loose connection between the lcd and motherboard.
m
l
December 12, 2012 10:35:07 PM

Thanks I was kind of think in that direction, wanted another opinion Thanks for the reply! :hello: 
m
l
Related resources
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2012 10:39:41 PM

JerryWBuck said:
Thanks I was kind of think in that direction, wanted another opinion Thanks for the reply! :hello: 

Hi :) 

I own a laptop repair company.... its NOT a bad connection...its either the inverter or screen ( I would guess screen)

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
December 12, 2012 10:43:44 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I own a laptop repair company.... its NOT a bad connection...its either the inverter or screen ( I would guess screen)

so what's the general problem with the screen or inverter that's causing it to fail only once in awhile?
m
l
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2012 10:58:28 PM

sevacallDOTcom said:
so what's the general problem with the screen or inverter that's causing it to fail only once in awhile?

He didn't say the FIRST screen was white screening... I would guess they put in a second hand or faulty or incorrect screen...

m
l
May 21, 2013 3:51:46 AM

I had the exact problem. I sorted mine out, just google alwaysafix
m
l
!