Windows 7 ActiveX and Administrator issues

Tags:
  • Activex
  • DLL
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
December 12, 2012 6:43:03 PM

Here's what's wrong:
I logged in after a long car ride w/laptop and was prompted immediately that the DDRAW.dll wasn't working. I come to find out that dsound.dll and msvfw32.dll don't work either. In Firefox, Adobe Flash doesn't work. I try installing and it still won't work. I cannot install any applications (was only able to with CCleaner-cleaned everything including registry errors). I can't update spybot (can scan) and can't open adaware. When I try installing exe's, such as dll fixer, I can install it but not run it, I get a memory cache error. When trying to run programs, they either can't be found or I'm told I don't have Administrative control. I have been the only user and account on this computer.

This is what I've tried:
I've tried cleaning up the registry with CCleaner, scanned with spybot, replacing DDRAW.dll, tried reinstalling ActiveX (says I'm not admin), restored computer to an earlier date and in safe mode I've made all users and folders have full control over their contents. I cannot log in as "Administrator" like you could with XP, because that isn't an option. I've tried doing the ctrl+alt+del thing twice at login, nothing happened. I've run command promt as administrator and did the "net user administrator /active:yes" and nothing happened upon logging back in. I've gone into IE options and all of the ActiveX options were where they should be. I can't open IE, I had to do it the hard way. Many things won't open. I've tried installing ActiveX by using a computer game, the install always closes with an error. This is very aggravating and I've had similar issues with XP years ago but I've done more now than before and still haven't fixed it.

I don't have a windows 7 disc, bought this from Best Buy not even a year ago.

Bottom line:
I need to install ActiveX but I'm being told I can't because I'm not the "Administrator" all of a sudden.

More about : windows activex administrator issues

a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2012 6:57:57 PM

I would do a scan disk. then memtest to start.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2012 6:58:37 PM

Sounds to me like you may have a damaged hard drive
m
l
!