Motherboard & firewire extension match?

taifun_16

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Hello,

I am in need of a firewire card to hook up my external equipment to my DAW. When I hook up my RME Fireface 400 audio card and my Powercore DSP unit to the firewire connections on my MB, the firewire bus gets overloaded pretty soon it seems, so I thought it would be good to distribute the load by hooking up either one of the devices to a firewire card. I have a free PCI-E slot on my Asus MB, so I think it is best to get a PCI-E card since they are supposed to handle more broadband traffic as opposed to regular pci cards? I am wondering, could a good PCI-E firewire card do a better job at handling the in/output of both the soundcard and the powercore than distributing the traffic, meaning one device on a FW pci-e card, other on the motherboard's firewire bus? What would be the best option in your opinion: to hook up the device that creates the heaviest load on the connection to the motherboard or to the PCI-E firewire card?
I saw this card I might consider buying, but I'm in need of reassurance so that I don't buy a mismatch.
Will my Asus P5W DH Deluxe MB play nicely with this TI firewire express card in the link below?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300602834062&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
I am also wondering if there are any good PCI-E cards with 2 connector inputs of the bigger kind - sorry, lack of terminology there, enlighten me :)
If you have suggestions for a different card that could handle more traffic, I would also like to hear!
Thanks in advance