MN-700 Staying connected

Last response: in Networking
Share
September 18, 2004 9:27:46 PM

I have 3 computer connected to the MN-700, 1 ethernet and
2 wireless. Once a day my internet connection just
disconnect, but all the green light are still on. I just
hate unpluging and then pluging the base station everyday
just to get it to work again. I just wanted to know if
there something I can do to fix this problem. the 1 on
ethernet is running windows xp, and the other two on
wireless are running windows xp and windows me.

More about : 700 staying connected

September 19, 2004 3:56:28 AM

On my computer that was fixed by installing WinXp SP2.
But others had opposite result.

"Vince" <vinsondinh@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
225101c49ddf$7c5416d0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>I have 3 computer connected to the MN-700, 1 ethernet and
> 2 wireless. Once a day my internet connection just
> disconnect, but all the green light are still on. I just
> hate unpluging and then pluging the base station everyday
> just to get it to work again. I just wanted to know if
> there something I can do to fix this problem. the 1 on
> ethernet is running windows xp, and the other two on
> wireless are running windows xp and windows me.
September 19, 2004 7:56:58 PM

Are you on a PPPoE connection?

Vince wrote:

> I have 3 computer connected to the MN-700, 1 ethernet and
> 2 wireless. Once a day my internet connection just
> disconnect, but all the green light are still on. I just
> hate unpluging and then pluging the base station everyday
> just to get it to work again. I just wanted to know if
> there something I can do to fix this problem. the 1 on
> ethernet is running windows xp, and the other two on
> wireless are running windows xp and windows me.
September 21, 2004 12:50:04 PM

I have the exact same problem only that it seems to be
happening more often. I updated the software from
Microsoft on broadband site -- this may help you -- it did
not help me. Problem did not begin until I installed sp2.
Sorry no answer but I need help too.

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:57:39 PM

I also have the same problem. Saw another post with a
reply from a Microsoft MVP XP Shell/User (whatever that
means) that suggested using this...

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
DLoadMain.mspx

i'm gonna try that and let ya'll know how it works...

ATR

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 6:24:39 PM

gah... it was a link to download the updated, which i had
already done to install the latest firmware. apparently,
the firmware did not fix the problem (or it caused this
problem, because i dont recall having this issue when i
first got the base station). any other suggestions?

ATR

!