49 celsiusis that a good temp for my Prescott?

inkibus

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
I got my Prescott running at about 3ghz and the average temp is around 46-49 celsius is that a good temp for my CPU. Iv heard that Prescotts are literally bloody hot piece of hardware.

Thanks guys

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Load temp is all that count.

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by coylter on 11/16/04 06:42 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
49c is like watercooling for the Prescotts, of course that is good. That is if this is your load temp.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

that's probably his OFF temperature knowing the Prescots!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
My monitoring software and BIOS are both telling me that I am running 48-49 C. I dont beleive it though. It can't be right. I have a 3.0E that runs 46C not OC'd and 48C OC'd to 3449.6. That cant be correct can it?

INKIBUS, what brand and model is your MOBO?

lb19984

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
Those temps are perfectly fine Maybe 1 0r 2 degrees cooler than they usually run consider yourself lucky Or you just got good case flow
Dont Worry Be Happy

<A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/lb19984/" target="_new">My Rig</A>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
The fact that they were too good was what had me worried. From all that I have seen on this site, these temps just seemed to good to be true. BTW I just pushed it to 3592.6 (CPUZ) and still no temp increase. Maybe your right. I am a bit on the negative side when it comes to me getting lucky about anything.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
My thinking too. Even at cool load, a HSF to do that on a Prescott is good.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I told you, the monitor reads the wrong sensor. I have MBM5 loaded on my other drive and figured out which sensor you're supposed to use. Unfortunately you have to ENCOURAGE me to actually dig that drive out of storage and MOUNT it in my system so I can REMEMBER which sensor it was.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I remember what you told me. I don't doubt you on what you said. The reason that I brought it up again is because I came up with similar results with another monitoring program. The actual temps are different, but the difference between the temps at idle or under load are about the same. That bothers me as much as the temp itself.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, my last drive is unavailable at the moment, so I loaded the latest version of MBM5 on my system and found sensor ITE8712F-2 Diode to correspond most closely to the CPU temp.

The case temp was way off, I just set it to LM94-9 Remote to stop the alarm, but I don't think that's the right one. So I figured out which sensor to use for the CPU, you can figure out which one to use for the chipset temp.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Yep, thats about right! Now I can stop be so concerned about my low and stable CPU temps. Its running in the low 50's at idle and mid 50's to high 50's under stress. I guess I can be happy that im finally baking it properly. Ive been playing around with those other sensors, and have some of them figured out. What temp range should the chipset be running at. If you can tell me that, I will find the correct setting.

inkibus

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
Yeah the 46-49 celsiusis is at idle temp. I got a MSI Neo2-P motherboard and i installed its core center program to monitor the temp. I went and tested it while playing World of Warcraft...It was around 56-59 celsiuis. I know this is kinda like Dejavu...But is that good or normal temp?

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
I would suggest running prime95 and looking at the temp after 15min.

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Wheres AMDMeltdown when u need him?
Damn prescotts.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires
it and mortal men covet it, My Precioussssssss!
:evil:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Because I'm using water cooling and lost the draft from the CPU fan, my chipset used to overheat. I added a 50mm fan to it, wired for 7v to reduce noise (I can't hear it over the drives now). If I really felt like taking the time, I could unhook the fan and see which sensor rizes appropriately. But since it runs cool enough (I touched it to make certain of that), I don't really have enough concern to take the time.