HELP: EPROM programmer dead - needs to be reprogrammed

Last response: in Video Games
September 4, 2005 10:20:41 PM

OK I was doing an update to my programmer and got a comm prob in the middle
of it -- D'OH!

I need someone who has a programmer that can re-program a microcontroller
chip - specifically, a Winbond W78E516B.

If your programmer can do it and you don't mind the trouble, let me know
I'll send you the chip.

P.S. I checked online and I don't think the PP2 can do it.

Please respond my email as I'm somewhat in the middle of moving and can't
check RGP as often..

mrmikeman AT hotmail DOT com

Mike
www.mikesgamesroom.com
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:25:44 AM

On 2005-09-04 11:20:41 -0700, "mrmikeman" <mrmikeman@hotmail.com> said:

> OK I was doing an update to my programmer and got a comm prob in the
> middle of it -- D'OH!
>
> I need someone who has a programmer that can re-program a
> microcontroller chip - specifically, a Winbond W78E516B.
>
> If your programmer can do it and you don't mind the trouble, let me
> know I'll send you the chip.
>
> P.S. I checked online and I don't think the PP2 can do it.
>
> Please respond my email as I'm somewhat in the middle of moving and
> can't check RGP as often..
>
> mrmikeman AT hotmail DOT com
>
> Mike
> www.mikesgamesroom.com

Not covered by my old Xeltek SuperPro, still if you check with the
Xeltek web site to see if one of their programmers handles it, then you
can post asking for someone with model XYZ Xeltek to assist...

If Andromeda Research's burner does it LMK, I have that one, but it
probably needs an adapter...

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

"John Robertson" <spam@flippers.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-09-04 11:20:41 -0700, "mrmikeman" <mrmikeman@hotmail.com> said:
>
> > OK I was doing an update to my programmer and got a comm prob in the
> > middle of it -- D'OH!
> >
> > I need someone who has a programmer that can re-program a
> > microcontroller chip - specifically, a Winbond W78E516B.
> >
> > If your programmer can do it and you don't mind the trouble, let me
> > know I'll send you the chip.
> >
> > P.S. I checked online and I don't think the PP2 can do it.
> >
> > Please respond my email as I'm somewhat in the middle of moving and
> > can't check RGP as often..
> >
> > mrmikeman AT hotmail DOT com
> >
> > Mike
> > www.mikesgamesroom.com
>
> Not covered by my old Xeltek SuperPro, still if you check with the
> Xeltek web site to see if one of their programmers handles it, then you
> can post asking for someone with model XYZ Xeltek to assist...
>
> If Andromeda Research's burner does it LMK, I have that one, but it
> probably needs an adapter...
>
> John :-#)#
> --
> (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
> Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
> (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they
> just flip out."

Looks like my TOP853 can handle it, though only if it's a 40 pin DIP as I
don't have an adapter :)

Woz
!